to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Residence issues  →  Thread

NASS payments

AYoung
forum member

Newcastle Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 30

Hi all, sorry this may not be the right place to post this, but im tearing my hair out and going round in circles.

Can anybody shed any light on where i can get a statement of historical NASS payments?

for context, we have been battling for over 2 years to get a backdated CTC award for a gentleman who applied for a backdated award within 1 month of being granted Asylum in the UK. After a long battle this has finally been accepted by HMRC and they have backdated his claim, however they are claiming that he has been paid a fairly large amount via NASS which obviously needs to be offset. However the client disputes the amount, but im struggling to get evidence to show what he was actually paid. Migrant Help cant help as the client is no longer seeking Asylum, the client has no paperwork and im struggling to make contact with UK Visas and Immigration.

Does anybody have any suggestions as all please of who may be able to help?

many thanks in advance.

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3139

My recollection, from the last one of these I did, was that the Home Office provided some sort of final statement which said what they had received on their successful asylum claim. But that was some time ago.

If your client disputes the official account, then I don’t see what they could do other than going through bank statements and perhaps an SAR.

AYoung
forum member

Newcastle Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 30

Thanks for that. I was hoping he would have some kind of statement but he says he cant find it. All he can tell me is that he applied for Asylum 01/11/2015 and he has sent me a letter dated 13/04/2016 saying that they will pay subsistence and he thinks that those payments started 01/05/2016. Asylum was granted October 2019 and the DWP think that he was paid £33,000 in NASS during that time.

I will speak to our Refugee Integration team and see if they have any contacts that might be able to help.