to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit migration  →  Thread

Managed Migration

Pete at CAB
forum member

Welfare Benefits Adviser’ for Citizens Advice Cornwall

Send message

Total Posts: 392

Does anyone know how the candidates for the initial managed migrations are selected? Truro has been picked as the next area for managed migration with a first tranche of 250 claimants and it might help with our planning to know if we are likely to get a lot of claimants who are likely to struggle with the claims.

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3549

All we have been told is that they will try and get a wide range of claimants on different / multiple benefits and different circumstances - also attaching my notes from last Move to UC meeting in case you missed on other post which highlights a few groups that won’t be selected

File Attachments

Maverick
forum member

Citizens Advice Camden

Send message

Total Posts: 22

Re managed migration - does anyone have access to the guidance for when UC home visits’ should be considered?

Note that on Daphne’s notes people not being invited currently (due to design issues) include this group but never been sure exactly what this means or how can argue may be required.
Anyone experiences and/or links much appreciated !

Pete at CAB
forum member

Send message

This is the official guidance for home visits-

https://www.gov.uk/support-visit-benefit-claim

When I was part of the Help to Claim Team (my job title is out of date but I don’t know how to change it!) we seldom had a problem getting home visits provided the cl met the criteria. It all stopped during lockdown though!

Maverick
forum member

Citizens Advice Camden

Send message

Total Posts: 22

Thank you . Would hope that home visits are available again and notably in the Coronavirus Act and various amendments that followed, there was no easement of the Equality Act so DWP ( like so many ) should have worked out how to meet their duties then and since. Think a lot of clients will fit this criteria but will see what happens…...,....!

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

Pete at CAB - 11 August 2022 10:28 AM

When I was part of the Help to Claim Team (my job title is out of date but I don’t know how to change it!) we seldom had a problem getting home visits provided the cl met the criteria. It all stopped during lockdown though!

If you let us have your job title Pete we can change it for you :)

Pete at CAB
forum member

Send message

Thanks for the post regarding the Transitional Regs

I t would be good if you could change my job title, I am now a ‘Welfare Benefits Adviser’ for Citizens Advice Cornwall

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

No sooner said than done :)

Carri
forum member

CPAG

Send message

Total Posts: 51

For anyone coming to this thread who is advising on an MM case:
CPAG now has funding for a managed migration policy project to run over the next 16ish months.
We’d be very grateful to hear about any MM cases you have seen and what kinds of issues they have involved. My email is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).
Thanks