Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

DLA intermediaries line

< 1 2

Val
forum member

Welfare Rights Co-ordinator, Aberdeen Welfare Rights, Aberdeen

Send message

Total Posts: 22

I had to write an email of apology once!

There was no phone in the interview room I was using so I had to use a mobile I was unfamiliar with.  I thought I’d shut down the call (how do you say “put down the receiver” for a mobile?) but I hadn’t and the telephony person heard me tell the client “don’t listen to them, they don’t know what they’re talking about” which, in the circumstances of that particular case, was true!  Actually I was happy to apologise: it was unprofessional to say that to a client and I had got a wee bit impatient when she was trying to teach me how to suck eggs and that “normally you have to appeal within 28 days” when all I’d been phoning about was to clarify a few details on when decisions had been made.

Incidentally, the client won his appeal!

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

We just rang the intermediaries line and according to them, it is still up and running and they’ve heard nothing to suggest it is to be discontinued. Are you certain it’s going/gone? It seems to be working OK this morning anway.

P.E.T.E
forum member

Head of Welfare Rights at Barnsley MBC.

Send message

Total Posts: 104

suelees - 06 October 2011 04:36 PM

I’ve just walked back in to the office at 5.35,  I’ve a ton of things to do,  not only ‘proper’ work but also trying to deal with the really frustrating pedantism of those who shall not be named,  it’s peeing down and dark outside but your banter still made me smile.

Just used the Reps line and got through OK.  Very helpful member of staff and problem solved!

On another matter, whats happened in Leigh?  Sue gets back to the office at 5:35 but posts her message at 4:36.  have you put your clocks forward to double summer time?

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3137

“So the line HAS gone…..................and John Birks and nevip are dating   :)”

That is a scurrilous rumour.  We are not dating, merely walking out together.  Chaperoned of course.

Altered Chaos
forum member

Operations & Advice Manager - Citizens Advice Taunton

Send message

Total Posts: 427

Please stop…. I’m going to wet meself!

CMILKCAB
forum member

Benefits advisor, NHS Project - Castlemilk CAB, Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 92

nevip - 07 October 2011 02:23 PM

“So the line HAS gone…..................and John Birks and nevip are dating   :)”

That is a scurrilous rumour.  We are not dating, merely walking out together.  Chaperoned of course.

No patty-fingers, if you please. The proprieties at all times. Hold on to your hats

John Birks
forum member

Welfare Rights and Debt Advice - Stockport Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1064

neilcoll - 09 October 2011 10:28 PM

No patty-fingers, if you please. The proprieties at all times. Hold on to your hats

And you were posting this whislt Downton Abbey was on?

Good god man. Get a grip of yourself.

suelees
forum member

Social Welfare dept, Stephensons Solicitors, Leigh

Send message

Total Posts: 84

P.E.T.E - 07 October 2011 12:18 PM

[On another matter, whats happened in Leigh?  Sue gets back to the office at 5:35 but posts her message at 4:36.  have you put your clocks forward to double summer time?

We’re ethereal in Leigh (posted at 09.11)

Pete C
forum member

Pete at CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 556

John Birks - 10 October 2011 07:44 AM
neilcoll - 09 October 2011 10:28 PM

And you were posting this whislt Downton Abbey was on?

Good god man. Get a grip of yourself.

A man that doesn’t listen to the Archers is clearly capable of anything, I’d be careful!

Mick Quinn
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 161

Just been on to DLA Reps line. Seems to be alive and kicking. Advisor knew nothing about line closing down. Is this a case of the Mark Twain Syndrome?

jeanette
forum member

Welfare rights - Newcastle City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 47

I’ve just been on the Reps line they took all of my details and said they will locate the file check my authority and call me back?? Too busy to argue today so I will ring them back and hope for a different person later.