Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Residence issues  →  Thread

Right to reside

< 1 2

From the other side
forum member

CRU/CARF-FIFE

Send message

Total Posts: 176

Thanks for the reply, would be good if you could post a redacted copy of the decision to assist myself and others as this seems to be a very common DWP determination for UC.

Simon
forum member

Charlotte Keel Welfare Rights, Bristol CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 90

Any update on your UT case HB Anorak?

HB Anorak
forum member

Benefits consultant/trainer - hbanorak.co.uk, East London

Send message

Total Posts: 2915

Np - it was heard on 22 Feb, haven’t heard anything since.  I got the impression the Judge didn’t intend to refer a question to the European Court - as he said, by the time the answer comes back the status of ECJ decisions in the UK will probably have changed

Jac
forum member

Welfare benefits adviser - Melville Housing Association, Midlothian

Send message

Total Posts: 146

Attached copy of decision.

File Attachments

From the other side
forum member

CRU/CARF-FIFE

Send message

Total Posts: 176

Hi Jac, thanks for attaching the decision.

I didn’t read the top of the decision notice so didn’t notice venue or Judge and then I got to the end of the decision and saw the signature and I thought I recognised it as Lindy Boyd and then looked back to the beginning!! I have always found her very fair with Right to Reside cases in Fife.

This is a perfect decision for my client as it fits her circumstances exactly for her first claim, will assist on her second although client is actually working whilst having been refused UC as well as her derivative right to reside and we will just see what happens with third claim!!

Thanks again

Jac
forum member

Welfare benefits adviser - Melville Housing Association, Midlothian

Send message

Total Posts: 146

Still waiting to see if DWP appeals this case, but the decision is quite clear and detailed.