to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

IB reassessment trials

rwils
forum member

Newcastle Welfare Rights Service, Newcastle City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 24

As DWP keep saying they will use the experience of the reassessment trials to inform the national roll out of the process, I was wondering if anyone in either of the areas undergoing the trials has any experiences/info they would like to share?

adviceplus
forum member

Rhondda Cynon Taff CBC (Welfare Rights Project)

Send message

Total Posts: 29

Related to this :

Is the approved version of the proposed revised work capability test now available ?

I can see that the informaton on the DWP website was updated on 13/12 but neither advisers or health professionals areas have any mention as yet ?

S2uABZ
forum member

Money adviser - Aberdeen City Council Financial Inclusion Team

Send message

Total Posts: 130

With regard to the migration process in Aberdeen.
By the start of December 2010 around 100 clients had been through the whole migration process.
JC+ are very reluctant to share any figures and advised there would be a full evaluation at the end of the trial !!!
I believe that approx 20% have failed the WCA, which JC+ say is in line with their expectations. There is concern about the phone calls that clients are recieving from decision makers/appeal officers, some clients are reporting that they are not informed that ESA payments will continue whilst appealing and are often directed to claim JSA, also that due to a lack of evidence it is not worthwhile them appealing etc etc
IMHO i feel the migration is not a true reflection of typical ESA claims and ATOS medicals.

rwils
forum member

Send message

Thanks for that - it’s more or less what we expected I suppose. We have a liaison meeting with JC+ later this month where they are supposed to be telling us what has been learnt from the trials. Sounds as though it might not be very much.

Re the revised WCA - I have a draft of the revised ESA50 which reflects the proposed changes to the “treated as” groups and descriptors, and which has managed to come out 7 pages shorter than the original. Don’t know at the moment if it will be revised again before March though.

rwils
forum member

Send message

Jus to updatemy remark about the revised ESA50 I see the email from DWP says it has been signed off so I assume it is the final version. It came with a big warning that it can’t be used yet but as it has “not for issue” stamped in huge letters on every page I don’t think there’s much risk. If anyone would like a copy please email.

Vonny
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Social Inclusion Unit, Swansea

Send message

Total Posts: 487

Hi - can I have a copy too please .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Cheers

Damian
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Salford Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 211

Hi - can I have a copy too please .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Thanks

rwils
forum member

Send message

Fran - 07 February 2011 01:42 PM

Would be grateful if you could email me a copy: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).  Are DWP still planning on using the revised version for the start of the national IB/IS migration, beginning 28th February 2011?

Emails sent to those requesting a copy of the draft ESA50.

Fran - our local JC+ have definitely been told it’s 28 Feb and there was a ministerial statement on 25 January confirming this but limited to 1000 a week nationally till April. There’s a link on our website (page about IB reassessment), sorry I’m not sure how to post the link here.

Tracey D
forum member

Welfare benefits advisor - Peterborough City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 127

The following is information local authority HB teams have been given by the DWP:

As of 27 January 2011 the IB/IS Reassessment customer journey has commenced for 1693 of the 1700 customers; with a small number of customers opting to withdraw from the reassessment exercise and cease their IB claim.
Figures up to 27 January 2011

•  834 customers have been allowed ESA of those
              - 389 have moved into the Support Group
              - 445 have moved into the Work Related Activity Group
•  332 customers have been disallowed ESA
•  123 appeals have been received by Jobcentre Plus so far. But as yet, no appeal decisions have been made. 

21 customers have however been successfully awarded ESA upon reconsideration of their case pre-appeal

roecab
forum member

Welfare benefits supervisor - Roehampton CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 468

Could I also kindly have a copy - .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Thanks.

ib
forum member

Supervisor/caseworker - Malvern Hills District CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 57

Please could I have a copy too? Thanks.  .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Ken Butler
forum member

Disability Rights UK

Send message

Total Posts: 231

Sorry, could I also ask for a copy? Thanks very much.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

rethink
forum member

adviser, rethink, London

Send message

Total Posts: 11

Could I also have a copy please: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Thank you very much :-)

CaroleD
forum member

Community Advice Services, Falkirk Council, Grangemouth

Send message

Total Posts: 4

could I have a copy of the new ESA 50 application form too please? .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)