to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

ESA85 Completion Dates

Lins12A
forum member

Senior Caseworker Perennial

Send message

Total Posts: 1

I am not sure how relevant this is but can anyone explain to me why a medical examination which was carried out on 11th June 2010 would be dated 23rd July 2010.  Front page shows report complete 11/06/2010 but the bottom of every page and the final page is dated 23/07/10, could it be that they are not being written up for several weeks?

Ariadne
forum member

Social policy coordinator, CAB, Basingstoke

Send message

Total Posts: 504

I think it might just be the date it was printed off.

Altered Chaos
forum member

Operations & Advice Manager - Citizens Advice Taunton

Send message

Total Posts: 427

I am not so sure I agree with Ariadne, I recall reading guidance for HCP some time ago and I think it said that when a report is completed it ‘stores’ the contents (which should include the bit at the bottom). I will try to find the piece again and be a little more conclusive!
Chaos

Altered Chaos
forum member

Operations & Advice Manager - Citizens Advice Taunton

Send message

Total Posts: 427

Me again,

My memory may not have served me that well - apologies to Ariadne.

The link below contains the Training and Development ESA Handbook for ATOS staff - courtesy of the Disability Alliance website
http://www.disabilityalliance.org/esahandbook.pdf

Page 42 has the only details on the LiMa computer programme…
The time of start of examination is when you first make contact with the claimant. The time the examination ends is the time when the claimant is considered by the practitioner to meet criterion for the Support Group (and the claimant does not want to proceed to a WFHRA), or the “exam ended” button is pressed, or when you progress past “observed behaviour”. These details will be automatically
recorded by LiMA but if for any reason you complete a clerical report, you must take care to enter this data accurately.
Timings in the LiMA application are critical and an understanding of this is essential. LiMA documents the start time of the interview when you begin to enter details of the diagnoses. It records the end time of the exam noted above.

I still think it odd that the dates should differ maybe needs querying with DWP/ATOS.

Chaos