to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

Domiciliary Medicals for ESA

Pete C
forum member

Pete at CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 556

Does anyone know what the rules are that would enable ATOS to send a doctor to the claimants home rather than ask them to come to an examination centre. Logic would say that it would have to be something like a GP letter confirming the claimant wasn’t able to travel but I can’t see any specific rules in either the DMG or ATOS’ website.

Blod
forum member

Community Welfare Rights Officer, Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1

One of my client’s needed a home visit and, yes, ATOS required a letter from a medical professional (in this case the GP) confirming that a home visit was needed.

If the supporting letter cannot be provided before any appointment that has already been arranged then it may be that if you ring ATOS and explain you are in the process of obtaining evidence for a home visit they will agree to re-arrange to appointment to a later date giving more time for the evidence to be sent in.

Rosessdc
forum member

Welfare Benefits South Somerset District Council

Send message

Total Posts: 23

I had one for a client with mental health problems, and simply wrote to request a home visit detailing reasons.
Was actually quite surprised at how quickly it was arranged, but then I suppose they have EMPs out all the time for DLA cases, so relatively easy to slot in an ESA med.