to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Universal Credit and reporting change of circumstances

JoW
forum member

Financial inclusion manager - Wythenshawe Community Housing

Send message

Total Posts: 343

UC only came in here recently and every query we get is raising a lot of questions that I don’t know the answer to!

I remember on earlier training/reading about UC that claimants would report any coc’s via their online UC account - has this bit come in?? I am suspecting not…. I have a decision letter in front of me and it just says that if your circumstances change you must tell us straight away and gives a telephone number and address to write to.

The decision letter doesn’t give any info about an online account and doesn’t give any idea about what change of circs are relevant, nor does it warn of any fine etc for failure to report a change of circs.

The decision also appears to be wrong as they have housing element as £150 pcm which bears no relation to the tenants monthly rent, which is £324.20 (and £278.83 after 14% bedroom tax applied). When she rang to ask where this figure came from she was advised she needed to put this query in writing…..

Thanks in advance

Edmund Shepherd
forum member

Tenancy Income, Royal Borough of Greenwich, London

Send message

Total Posts: 508

As I understand, the same system for reporting things applies as to JSA/ESA. There is a long-term plan to have it all online, but that ain’t happening any time soon.

Not sure why the housing element is like that. Are there ineligible service/heating/water charges?

I suppose reconsideration is the appropriate route to take if the claimant disagrees with the decision.

JoW
forum member

Send message

Thanks for that.

Yes we will be putting in a MR today regarding the Housing element.

Karina K
forum member

Northwards Housing

Send message

Total Posts: 21

Jo - let us know how you get on with it will you please? I’m waiting for something to go properly wrong with this up here!

thanks

JoW
forum member

Send message

Hi Karina, yes I will keep you posted. mandatory recon put in this avvie