Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

Cost of Living Payments - reporting a missing payment

MartinB
forum member

Welfare Benefits Adviser, Client Services, Crisis (Edinburgh)

Send message

Total Posts: 61

Hi all

I have a client who has become entitled to the disability CoL payment after his ADP was backdated to before 1/4/23.

Social Security Scotland have told him to use the usual link:

https://secure.dwp.gov.uk/report-a-missing-cost-of-living-payment/welcome

This link simply takes you to a page with the contact details for the relevant benefit office - it no longer allows you to report a missing payment.  It’s the same for low income CoL payments:

“If you’re still unsure whether you should have had the 2023 Disability Cost of Living Payment of £150, contact the office that pays your benefit.”

“Report your missing £301 or £300 Cost of Living Payment by calling the phone number for your benefit (or using your Universal Credit journal if you have one). “

Does anyone know why this has changed?  And how to report a missing payment?

Thanks very much

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3549

HI Martin - I can ask via the stakeholder forum and see if I can find out anything - I’ll update when I hear

MartinB
forum member

Send message

Brilliant - thank you, Daphne.

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3549

HI Martin - this is the reply I’ve received which quotes the same page you had and seems to send you back to contacting Social Security Scotland!

The current process to report any missing cost of living payment for MTB1,2,3 or 4 is for the claimant to contact the telephony service of their owning benefit and raise this as an enquiry with them, this will then be sent to the ringfenced Cost of Living Team for consideration and (if eligible) payment and notification within 10 working days.

This page on gov.uk gives guidance on how to report missing COL payments for 2023 (MTB3 & MTB4) and signposts the claimant to the correct phone number to contact Find out how to report a missing Cost of Living Payment. The process to report missing 2022 Cost of Living Payments (MTB1 & MTB2) is the same.

Maybe try them again and highlight that’s what the page tells you to do - come back if you’re still having a problem though and I’ll raise it again

MartinB
forum member

Send message

Brilliant - Thanks very much Daphne.
I’ll ask him to try Social Security Scotland again,

Martin