to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Residence issues  →  Thread

BRP- Expiry Date of 31 Dec 2024

BHCAC
forum member

Welfare Benefits Caseworker- Bosnia and Herzegovinia Community Advice Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 44

I feel this has probably been discussed before and I have missed it- as you are no doubt aware the Home Office are now putting and end date of 31/12/2024 on all new BRP Cards as they are being phased out- even if someone is given Indefinite Leave to Remain.
I called PIP today for a client following us sending a copy of his BRP to confirm indefinite leave to remain however they are disputing this as the BRP has…. the end date of 31/12/24.
It seems the Home Office have not communicated with their friends at the DWP—or if they have this has not filtered done to Case Managers and Contact Centre Staff.
The letter that is sent with the BRP states that the date of 31/12/2024 should be disregarded and if someone has Indefinite Leave to Remain they will continue to do so after this date. The case manager I spoke to today had no idea what I was talking about and even asked me to send a copy of the letter that came with the BRP.
It all just seems like a bit of a farce me and can see this causing many issues and taking up a lot of time.

CHC
forum member

Welfare rights team - St Mungo's Broadway

Send message

Total Posts: 170

Hadn’t been aware of this but phasing out of BRP by end of next year is confirmed here - https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/report-problem