Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Children and childcare  →  Thread

Child Benefit intermediaries helpline no longer in use?

bristol_1
forum member

WRAMAS Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 241

Child Benefit intermediary helpline - recorded message says the number is not in service (0300 322 9078) Has anyone got an updated number or news about that?

LITRG
forum member

Low Incomes Tax Reform Group

Send message

Total Posts: 107

We have raised this with HMRC via the TCCF forum, will let you know if we get any update

LITRG

LITRG
forum member

Low Incomes Tax Reform Group

Send message

Total Posts: 107

We have just put up a blog post on Rev Ben about this https://revenuebenefits.org.uk/blog/child-benefit-helpline-for-intermediaries and will get our page about the helpline amended shortly. HMRC have told us the line was decommissioned some time ago but it doesn’t look like it was announced and we haven’t heard from anyone trying to use it that there was an issue until now.

bristol_1
forum member

WRAMAS Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 241

Thank you - appreciate the update

JPCHC
forum member

Cardinal Hume Centre - Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 186

Really disappointing but thanks for confirming.  I was trying last week and just assumed it was a repeat of the technical issues they had in January.

JPCHC
forum member

Cardinal Hume Centre - Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 186

If we hold a TC689, will the ChB general helpline still speak to us without the claimant present? I fear they’ll have never heard of it, or not know how to check for it… Thanks

J Bathie
forum member

Family Finance Adviser, Money Advice Unit, Herts CC

Send message

Total Posts: 36

Hi

We realised in June 2020 that the number was redirecting to a non-intermediaries line. (I think revenuebenefits had updated their page with the CB intermediaries contact number on,  just one month earlier in May 2020)

One of our team mangers raised this with the BCCG in June 20 and again in July 20 and Nahid from BCCG secretariat said would chase again in terms of trying to find out what was happening.

I think assumption was it was a temporary measure due to the first lockdown (the bulk of our work was with adults’ disability benefits and more common to have issues with CTC rather than CB)

I raised again with the manager in August 2020 but from my email inbox search unfortunately she never got any further forward.

Did BCCG just….stop?