AIMS Azure is the AIMS Case Management System developed to work with the Microsoft Azure cloud-hosted SQL Database. AIMS Azure allows multiple concurrent users to share the same database, even if the client workstations are not connected to one another via a WAN (Wide Area Network). You will need to have your own Microsoft Azure account available to host AIMS before proceeding with the AIMS Azure installation.
The AIMS Azure download is for new users only. Upon purchase, the Aims Team will send you your unique licence key, which is required to complete your installation and determines whether the Core or Extra version of AIMS will be installed. Existing AIMS users wishing to update their software to the latest version go to AIMS updates pages.
The AIMS Azure download contains:
- the AIMS software
- the AIMS Full Help Guide
- the AIMS Configuration Guide
- Licence to Use agreement
- Support Contract
NB - before downloading AIMS Azure, we strongly recommend that you -
- read the installation document; and
- download and install the AIMS Demo to help you evaluate and familiarise yourself with the system. The Demo includes a guided tour document and provides an essential training and support tool.
To download and install AIMS Azure
- Download AIMS Azure.
- Select SAVE and, when prompted, choose the location to save the AIMS Azure setup.exe file to (e.g. Desktop)
- Once the download is complete, navigate to the location you chose in step 2 and double click on AIMS Azure setup.exe to extract the files.
- Read the installation instructions, first readying the Microsoft Azure Cloud portal and then proceeding to install AIMS following the install prompts.
- Launch AIMS by double clicking on the AIMS desktop icon then login to the system by typing ‘ADMIN’ for the username and 'PASSWORD' for the password.
- On the first launch of the system, enter your 16 digit licence key at the prompt to complete your installation.
Before adding any data to the system, you should read the Configuration Guide.