We’re hearing from across the sector about the brilliant work that's taking place at speed as organisations shift from face-to-face delivery to telephone, email, video, chat and online ... and as thousands of us find ourselves working at home and are finding new ways of keeping our services going and keeping in touch.
We've also been thinking hard about ways that we can do more to help during the outbreak and about what changes we might make to rightsnet and our other online services, and have been busy developing new resources as our contribution towards the sector's collective efforts.
In doing so however - and while we love technology and of course tech can play a really important role in how we all get through the next few weeks and months - we've been reminded that it's not technology that will save us, but people and community, and we've had this at the forefront of our minds when thinking of the extra or different things we might do to support you all in the astonishing work that you're doing.
And so, this is what we've come up with so far:
- we've opened up access to our daily coronavirus-related news and case law updates in order that they can now be accessed by everyone, regardless of whether they have a rightsnet subscription;
- we've launched a series of new COVID-19 casework support forums to help advisers respond to enquiries and to share their experience and expertise;
- we've created a new social welfare law update page as another way to help us all keep up to date with the latest announcements, new regulations and government guidance;
- we've launched a new COVID-19-related area of our universalcreditinfo webtool: https://universalcreditinfo.net/#coronavirus
- we've launched our first ever non-work focused forum The Social that we hope might play a part in helping us all to steer a course through the next few weeks and months by providing more of a social space to catch up with like-minded members of the rightsnet/access to justice community; and
- we're adding citizen-focused coronavirus-related resources to our advicelocal site at: advicelocal.uk/covid19
How you can help us
It's a cliche, but we are better together .. if you can, we'd love to get your help -
- please do share our rightsnet links with colleagues or others that don’t already have access;
- if you or someone you know is looking for advice do signpost them to our advicelocal Find an adviser page;
- if you want to add our advicelocal 'Find an adviser' directory search to your website, we have a widget you can use (advicelocal.uk/get-the-widget), or maybe generate a link to your local advice map to share with people who might need it (advicelocal.uk/your-local-advice-map); and
- do keep in touch, and let us know if there's anything extra or different we can be doing to help.
Oh .... and do check out our new Spotify playlist 😂