Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

Does anyone know who is taking CPIP/3401/2015 to the Court of Appeal?

Ken Butler
forum member

Disability Rights UK

Send message

Total Posts: 231

Hi,
A case that relates to the meaning of “social support” for the purposes of PIP descriptor 9(c) has just been published to the Tribunals Service website - CPIP/3401/2015 -
http://www.osscsc.gov.uk/Aspx/view.aspx?id=4886

Judge Humphrey upholds the tribunal’s decision that social support involves a qualitative difference to prompting and social support cannot be established just by the type of person is doing the providing.

It seems that permission has been granted to the claimant to appeal to the Court of Appeal.

I’ve been referred a leave to appeal request case in which the DWP has requested that a Three Judge Panel be held to determine the issue of the meaning of social support.

But presumably if the same issue is due to be considered by the Court of Appeal then a Three Judge Panel will not be necessary?

Would anyone know who the representatives in CPIP/3401/2015 are so I can confirm point being put to the Court of Appeal?

I need to respond to the DWP by 30 June 2016.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Ken Butler
forum member

Disability Rights UK

Send message

Total Posts: 231

Hi, sorry about bumping the post above.

But it would be really useful to know which organisation is representing in this case.

[ Edited: 23 Jun 2016 at 11:06 am by Ken Butler ]
Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Now I come to think of it, I’m sure the UT told me which organisation was rep on a case once.