Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

PIP ‘‘Negotiation calls’’ after an appeal has been lodged- Apparent new practice??

< 1 2

past caring
forum member

Welfare Rights Adviser - Southwark Law Centre, Peckham

Send message

Total Posts: 1125

True.

But no different to advising on whether to request an MR and then to appeal on an award of, say, SRDL/no mobility where we’re wanting an outcome of SRDL/SRM? Or, prior to PIP national roll-out, requesting a supersession of a DLA LRM/MRC award? - i.e. it’s something we as advisers do pretty regularly.

p.s. the “Don’t know why I bother’ comment earlier was a joke…

Cordelia
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Wrexham Council Welfare Rights Team

Send message

Total Posts: 149

I’ve just received a letter from PIP.  I have a client who was refused PIP and has lodged an appeal.  He has recently been given a new diagnosis and sent in further medical evidence.  It is one of those appeals where there are lots of grey areas and could go either way at tribunal.

The letter confirms that PIP received further evidence via the Tribunal service and goes on..

“We have sent this further evidence to the Health Professional to be considered.  The Health Professional has recommended further points or changes to descriptors within the daily living activities.  No further recommendations have been made regarding the Mobility activities.  A copy of the report is attached for your information and we have sent a copy to your representative.
Following a discussion with yourself and your mum (with your consent), you have decided to proceed with the appeal.
We have therefore sent our response to HMCTC for them to consider.  A copy of our response is enclosed for your information.  HMCTS will contact you regarding your appeal.”

The enclosed submission contains the following:

“The supplementary report with the new recommendations is attached for attention of the tribunal.  We respectfully request that these recommendations are considered during the appeal tribunal.”