to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

christmas bonus missing

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 872

anyone had issues with this or problems getting it added where missing?

have a client who was due it but it appears hasn’t been paid it. from what i can see it should be DLA thats paying it (he has esa but income related only) but both are passing him between each other.

ive written to DLA asking for an explanation of their position as to why it isnt up to them to pay it but my letter has been suitably ignored.  thinking MP next but wondering if this is something thats coming up regularly or if anyone has had this or a better solution?

am i completely wrong even!

Morti
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Ferguslie Park Housing Association, Paisley

Send message

Total Posts: 52

You’re certainly not wrong - see s150 of SSCBA 1992 which confirms DLA is a qualifying benefit for the bonus - I don’t know how many bonus’s have been missed but it’s important to contact DWP within a year otherwise your right to the bonus is lost, by virtue of Reg 38 SS(C & P) Regs 1987

Good luck getting a reply - Complaint, MP involvement could help of course - but no magic formula known !

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Send message

Morti - 28 April 2016 09:14 AM

You’re certainly not wrong - see s150 of SSCBA 1992 which confirms DLA is a qualifying benefit for the bonus - I don’t know how many bonus’s have been missed but it’s important to contact DWP within a year otherwise your right to the bonus is lost, by virtue of Reg 38 SS(C & P) Regs 1987

Good luck getting a reply - Complaint, MP involvement could help of course - but no magic formula known !

have you come across this before? its never something ive really had but to be fair its not the kind of thing i check as part of a standard benefit check so maybe i need to if it is common.

DLA keep telling him to contact esa but his esa isnt contribution based. think i will MP it.

cheers for the reply

Morti
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Ferguslie Park Housing Association, Paisley

Send message

Total Posts: 52

No I’ve not come across this before - but you might want to try contacting either of the following;

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  or;

0845 900 0121 - * third party hotline*

These contacts were provided to us on 18/04/16 so they “might” still be in use.

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Send message

excellent.  thanks very much

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Send message

issue hopefully now resolved.  after a small dispute about who should pay it i got a hand off done and turns out they had him on different benefits so should be resolved.

cheers