Legal Aid Agency: Civil news and updates
The Legal Aid Agency has ‘identified the need’ to increase access to legal aid Housing and Debt Services covering ......
- Housing and debt procurement areas: Calderdale, Hull, Doncaster, Dorset, East Riding of Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Portsmouth and Isle of Wight, and Sandwell
- Housing Possession Court Duty Schemes: Bradford and Skipton, Scarborough and York, Wakefield, and Walsall
Deadline for submitting tenders is 9am on 21 January 2019.
New from the Legal Aid Agency:
We have made changes to clarify the scope of delegated functions to grant emergency representation for urgent homelessness judicial reviews.
These changes make it clear that these powers are available for any proceedings under:
- part VII Housing Act 1996
- section 21 of the National Assistance Act 1948
- section 20 of the Children Act 1989
- section 47(5) National Health Service and Community Care Act 1990
- section 19(3) of the Care Act 2014
- section 36 of the Social Services and Well-Being (Wales) Act 2014
This reverts back to the position that was in place before September 2018.