to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

DS1500

Martin Williams
forum member

Welfare rights advisor - CPAG, London

Send message

Total Posts: 771

Does anyone know if there is a fax or email for the PIP teams where I can send a DS1500? I don’t particularly want my client to wait 9 days whilst the post works its way around the mail handling centre in Wolverhampton….

Martin

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

I have asked our Macmillan team. Dunno if anyone’s still in mind.

annief
forum member

Benefits adviser - Maggie's Centre, Edinburgh

Send message

Total Posts: 107

I don’t have one, but in my experience if it is not received within a few days the HCP will call to obtain details from the person making the claim or one of the clients doctors/nurses.
It would not be the first time I have just read out the contents of the DS1500 to the HCP and they were more than happy to accept that.

Macmillan Worker
forum member

Macmillan Welfare Rights Officer Shropshire

Send message

Total Posts: 1

Hello - still here until tomorrow…
We do a lot of these as part of the Macmillan Team.  To make any claim for PIP you have to call them on 0800 917 2222.  There is an option for making a claim under the Special Rules and they generally pick up quite quickly and tend to be nicer.  You will need some information in order to make the claim including the client’s GP, consultant (if there is one) and bank details. It is also useful to be clear about your client’s mobility as they ask this too. The call can take 20 - 30 mins.
We then forward the DS1500 with a covering letter.  It normally takes around 10 days for the claim to be decided, it is not unheard of for the DWP to get in touch with the consultant or GP to verify the information.  The date of claim will be from today.
Hoping this helps.

Mrs Mac
forum member

Macmillan, CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 14

I have a fax for AA DS1500’s but not PIP.  We have pre-paid envelopes for our special rules claims that include the number 10 at the end of the PIP (Personal Independence Payment 10).  This identifies it as SR’s and it’s handled very quickly.