Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

PIP roll out to remaining DLA claimants from Oct 2015??? 

clive
forum member

Newcastle Council Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 122

Hello
have just see the Rightsnet news 2 Oct 15 about the roll out of PIP from Oct 2015 (in HB Direct:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/hb-direct-october-2015-issue-162)

Does this mean the remainder of all (age relevant) DLA claimants?

Does this mean all those DLA claimants will be getting letters to claim PIP? And when??

I can’t find the information about the start date of Oct 15 anywhere else at the moment.

HB Direct…
“Further rollout of PIP
Since July 2015 we have been reassessing small numbers of existing DLA claimants in a limited number of postcodes. This has allowed us to monitor the service closely and we are now in a position to extend the rollout of PIP further.

From October 2015, PIP will be rolled out across GB to claimants that have a long-term or indefinite award of DLA.

The rollout will be carefully managed to make sure that the volume of invitations issued to claimants in each postcode matches the capacity of the assessment providers in that area…”

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1964

I read this as applying to claimants with long term or indefinite awards, rather than all claimants. The wording is sufficiently ambiguous to invite other interpretations, but I think that’s it.

clive
forum member

Newcastle Council Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 122

Thanks Andrew.
I presume that it therefore does not cover those with fixed term awards (apart from where it has already been introduced for them in certain post code areas).

So for those who it does apply to (long term or indefinite awards) I am still wondering when people will get the letters and how many DLA claimants it might involve. This is important for services planning to deal with demand. I guess the DWP know.

Does anyone know any more?

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1964

‘In support of rollout we are testing a range of communications and channels to raise awareness about the changes to see if they help claimants make a decision about whether to apply for PIP, and how to do so at the right time’

they may know but they are not telling - yet. I note that the ‘PIP toolkit’ timetable - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/455684/timetable-for-pip-replacing-dla.pdf

has yet to be updated.