Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

amnesia

Claire Hodgson
forum member

PI Team, BHP Law, Durham

Send message

Total Posts: 165

this on the BBC today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34185594?post_id=10205073105601865_10205867641304761#_=_

i anticipate there is someone good in northamptonshire to assist this lady on her appeal? 

fit for work indeed…

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

I saw this this morning and stumbled over what points she’d score on either assessment; the capability for work one or indeed the Daily Living assessment.

Being as it’s a fixed condition can we see such risk as to engage reg 29/35?

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3553

I would guess she might have some issues engaging socially and getting around in unfamiliar places and cooking could be risky if she has no short-term memory.

I would also think she might need help learning (new) tasks, initiating and completing action, coping with change, getting about , social engagement. She might be a risk to others in the workplace if she doesn’t carry out her job properly - depending what the job is of course.

Good luck to her.

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

Very similar to the PIP appeal I represented yesterday for a client with advanced stage MS who has lost significant cognative functions (copious medical evidence) but awarded only SR DL because HCP concluded ‘no significant problems with cognition or memory were identified in the MSE (mental state examination)’. Outcome ER DL & MC!

Its just all to familiar!