Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

pay outs after pip appeal wins

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 872

any info on this would be appreciated.

had my first pip appeal win last week and wondering how long pip are taking to pay out afterwards?

ive warned my client that the DWP are more likely than usual to request a sor at the moment for pip appeals and they may hold off paying out but just wondering how likely this is.

I only do a handful of appeals these days so don’t have the same volume to go on as others will.

client will now be due a disability premium, sdp and enhanced in his jsa so im really hoping they just pay out.

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

Our experience has been that in the early days the DWP always requested the SOR (and refused to pay out until SOR had been circulated and considered) but in more recent months the arrears and ongoing payments have been sorted out almost by return of post as it were. Hopefully it’ll be the same where you are.

SangE
forum member

CCG Welfare Rights Team, Calderdale CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 2

My client had £11,700 PIP arrears payment; it took 5 weeks even though a SoR wasn’t requested and I was told that as it was very high it had to go through a more senior manager for checking before it could be issued.

Neil
forum member

Debt & Benefits, Aster Communities

Send message

Total Posts: 96

You need to contact JC+ to ask then to send out an IS10 (orESA10) so they can process the SDP on his ESA (assuming it is ESA), in our area it is never done automatically. and SDP will also be back dated.

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

Hi
Does vary but I’d say 6 weeks or more is about normal round here, if DWP doesn’t go for SOR. Last one I saw paid was 9th June for Tribunal held 23 April. Where SORs requested it’s taking months.

Tracey D
forum member

Welfare benefits advisor - Peterborough City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 127

My cases are taking 6-7 weeks for DWP to pay out the PIP monies after a successful appeal where no SoR is requested