to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Advanced Claims

Neil
forum member

Debt & Benefits, Aster Communities

Send message

Total Posts: 96

a colleague of mine was talking to a single client yesterday who claims JSA, she told my colleague has already submitted all the paper work to swith to UC in february next year when UC goes national, I personally think she is confused , but given the state of things at the DWP I wouldn’t dismiss it totally, as it may avoid delays and the DWp would claim few delays. So has anyone else heard of these possible advanced claims ? the client in question lives in the Southampton area.

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3553

I asked this at operational stakeholders meeting - there is no facility for advance claims.

CHC
forum member

Welfare rights team - St Mungo's Broadway

Send message

Total Posts: 171

I work with clients due to be released from prison and I am aware that the DWP intended to accept advance claims (by phone) for UC from prisoners due to be released. Does this mean that advance claims are not in place for prisoners yet?

UC is not currently rolled out in the areas that I work in but some of the London Boroughs that we cover will be in the next phase of the roll out in February.

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3553

oh sorry no - didn’t mean that - but not in the situation as described by Neil

unhindered by talent
forum member

Welfare Rights Team, Aberdeenshire Council

Send message

Total Posts: 451

Is there an update on advance claims for prisoners as I recently read a FAQ which said prisoners are ‘excluded due to being in temporary accommodation’ ie. prison! This may be just during the initial stages of simple claims.

[ Edited: 22 Jul 2015 at 12:49 pm by unhindered by talent ]