to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

First UC appeal!!

DaphneH
forum member

Welfare Rights Adviser, Bristol City Council, Bristol

Send message

Total Posts: 49

Just taken on my first UC appeal and we’re not even in a UC area (Bristol)!!! Client failed to notify UC of moving into a tenancy because his landlord gave him an HB form (not surprisingly) so client missed out on first two months of housing costs (they are now in payment).

garym65
forum member

St Joseph's Hospice, Hackney

Send message

Total Posts: 8

That could turn out to be a big issue. good luck.

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

Wow!!

I shall look forward to hearing how it pans out. Bet you’re excited aren’t you?

DaphneH
forum member

Welfare Rights Adviser, Bristol City Council, Bristol

Send message

Total Posts: 49

Well yet more excitement - my client has been issued a UC50!! bears a startling resemblance to an ESA50 but just printed off in black and white on ordinary printer - obviously haven’t gone to the expense of properly produced forms yet as can’t imagine they’ve had to issue many…

still awaiting the DWP submission on the appeal - their 28 deadline to produce it is looming…it’s more exciting than christmas - I might emboss it when it comes and give it to steve johnson - see http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/7328/

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

LOL!!

What an exciting Christmas you & Steve are going to have…

chacha
forum member

Benefits dept - Hertsmere Borough Council

Send message

Total Posts: 472

DaphneH - 26 November 2014 03:30 PM

still awaiting the DWP submission on the appeal - their 28 deadline to produce it is looming…it’s more exciting than christmas - I might emboss it when it comes and give it to steve johnson - see http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/7328/

Well, Xmas is here again, how did it go DaphneH?

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3553

Oh I’m sorry - I should have posted - they caved in before appeal - actually worked quite well for the claimant as his tenancy started just before assessment day but of course still got full help with housing costs for the whole of that assessment period as well as the other one that was missing :)

chacha
forum member

Benefits dept - Hertsmere Borough Council

Send message

Total Posts: 472

Nice!

Not sure if it well turn out this well for all claimants, for new UC/HB claimant’s (When either or both refused) or current HB claimants in identical scenarios. Just researching in readiness

Thanks very much.