Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

will miracles never cease?

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Well I am dumbfounded.

I helped a DLA claimant ring in a PIP application on 5th August; I arranged to do the PIP2 today and knowing time is short rang them to check when it’s due (client hasn’t got a phone). They tell me that not only did they get the PIP2 on 3rd September (thanks for telling me you’d done it!) but they’ve got the assessment report through already.

This could well be a PIP claim to decision, end to end in the region of two months!

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

Finally a recognition by our freshly politicised friends at the DWP that election time is coming!!!

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Mike Hughes - 22 September 2014 12:53 PM

Finally a recognition by our freshly politicised friends at the DWP that election time is coming!!!

Likely.

The pig is that they’re doing a paper based assessment by the sound of it; client doesn’t recall a face to face although that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not happened, his health is not the best…

I really hoped they’d visit; they’d take one look at the flat and make an award!

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

DManville - 22 September 2014 10:28 AM

This could well be a PIP claim to decision, end to end in the region of two months!

Hmm, I wouldn’t count your chickens just yet. I had a claim submitted mid-January, Face to Face in early March, HCP indicated short term award recommended, was looking good for a decision in record time…

Now late September… still waiting on a decision.