to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

Minister welcomes sharp fall in appeals against benefit decisions

S2uABZ
forum member

Money adviser - Aberdeen City Council Financial Inclusion Team

Send message

Total Posts: 130

Are they honestly saying that appeal rates have dropped due to better decision making? and not the fact that more than 700,000 are awaiting ESA assessments . . . words fail me!!

The figures come after fundamental reform to the way DWP manages disputes – mandatory reconsideration – where officials will now look again at a decision and any additional evidence before it goes to an appeal.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/minister-welcomes-sharp-fall-in-appeals-against-benefit-decisions

Tom B (WRAMAS)
forum member

WRAMAS - Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 456

Scary obfuscation of reality.

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1966

I don’t know if I have ever read such a complacent, disingenuous slab of political propaganda.

Ben E Fitz
forum member

Welfare Benefits Caseworker, Manchester CAB Manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 162

“We also want to make sure we help and support those too sick to work, which we are doing.”

Apparently he doesn’t understand the meanings of the words “help” and “support”. Seems to have confused them with “harass”, “bully”, “misinform”, “vilify” etc.

Inverclyde HSCP Advice Services
forum member

Inverclyde Council

Send message

Total Posts: 142

Now that’s a wind up for a Friday afternoon!

How many times are we going to have to endure hearing this between now and Monday?

I knew they’d do it, but it still makes the blood boil!

iut044
forum member

Welfare Benefits Adviser, West Lancs Disability Helpline, Skelmersdale

Send message

Total Posts: 206

S2uABZ - 13 June 2014 01:58 PM

Are they honestly saying that appeal rates have dropped due to better decision making? and not the fact that more than 700,000 are awaiting ESA assessments . . . words fail me!!

The figures come after fundamental reform to the way DWP manages disputes – mandatory reconsideration – where officials will now look again at a decision and any additional evidence before it goes to an appeal.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/minister-welcomes-sharp-fall-in-appeals-against-benefit-decisions

Have those 700,000 been waiting for longer than 13 weeks for a work capability assessment?