× Search rightsnet
Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Access to justice and advice sector issues  →  Thread

Nawra social on Thursday

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

How do. I spotted the do on Thursday and am concerned that it might clash with IDS apearing on Question Time. Is there a telly at the Sheraton? More importantly do we know whether it breaks easily as I can imagine throwing things at it…

Maybe, possibly, an opportunity to get the pitchforks sharpened… anyone fancy joining my baying mob?

Billy
forum member

Welfare rights - Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council

Send message

Total Posts: 66

Hi Dan , as a Weatherspoon establishment is does serve some real and not so real ales and having spent some time in there I am pleased to tell you that it has its fair share of ’ real customers ’ who I am sure will be only to happy to join your baying mob with or without IDS provocation.

Alan Markey
forum member

Director - Coventry Independent Advice Service

Send message

Total Posts: 46

On a related subject, can you recommend a venue for watching the opening match of the World Cup on the Thursday evening Billy?  Might be an interesting distraction from IDS.

Dan_Manville
forum member

Send message

Billy - 09 June 2014 02:31 PM

Hi Dan , as a Weatherspoon establishment is does serve some real and not so real ales and having spent some time in there I am pleased to tell you that it has its fair share of ’ real customers ’ who I am sure will be only to happy to join your baying mob with or without IDS provocation.

Ace! Are there any pitchfork shops? It’ll be a drag having to bring my collection all the way from Wolverhampton.

Dan_Manville
forum member

Send message

Alan Markey - 09 June 2014 03:35 PM

On a related subject, can you recommend a venue for watching the opening match of the World Cup on the Thursday evening Billy?  Might be an interesting distraction from IDS.

The revolution will not be televised… because the footies on!

Harumph!

DaphneH
forum member

Welfare Rights Adviser, Bristol City Council, Bristol

Send message

Total Posts: 49

It’s 8 o’clock kick off isn’t it - we can watch both - though, while wetherspoons is likely to show football, is it likely to show question time??

And still time for dancing and karaoke after to dissipate the rage that will have built up :)

Billy - you have researched dance and karaoke venues haven’t you?

Dan_Manville
forum member

Send message

DaphneH - 09 June 2014 03:59 PM

It’s 8 o’clock kick off isn’t it - we can watch both - though, while wetherspoons is likely to show football, is it likely to show question time??

9pm kick off according to BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/2014/schedule/group-stage

DaphneH
forum member

Welfare Rights Adviser, Bristol City Council, Bristol

Send message

Total Posts: 49

oh yea of course - cos there’s only one match that night - football it is then :)

Patrick Hill
forum member

Housing & Welfare RightsHARP/Assertive Outreach, manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 55

Sorry I’m unable to make the meeeting and social.  I’m sure both will be a success though and hope to see you all in Glasgow.

Patrick.

Billy
forum member

Welfare rights - Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council

Send message

Total Posts: 66

Hi , we will be in the Thomas Sheraton from 6pm. We will have NAWRA name badges to identify us , that way you can choose to talk to us or not !!! Safe journey and hope to see you tomorrow.