× Search rightsnet
Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Access to justice and advice sector issues  →  Thread

Benefit calculators for Andriod mobile devices?

Gregg P
forum member

Welfare and Money Advice Team, Derwentside Homes, Co Durham

Send message

Total Posts: 3

Can anyone recommend a benefits calculator that runs on Android mobile devices please? We currently use QBC on our PCs, and are confident with it, but are moving onto mobile devices in a few months and Lissongrove dont do an app?

Cheers in advance

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Total Posts: 2009

Will they have web connectivity?

Gregg P
forum member

Welfare and Money Advice Team, Derwentside Homes, Co Durham

Send message

Total Posts: 3

Most of the time, however we cover a fairly rural area so there are blackspots.

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

Gregg P - 27 May 2014 09:06 AM

I think we live in a world where offline versions of benefit calculators as apps on smartphones or tablets are the way forward. The feature phone is about to die an unnatural death and the locking down of enterprised networks at all levels poses endless licensing; installation and update issues which are all solved in one fell swoop by the app.

Offline when in use and online when back on a wi-fi network to accommodate updates would be a wonderful thing.

Happy to advise on the accessibility issues :)

Now, someone explain… why Android? “Ducks!” :)

PS: The dynamics of such things always amuses me. I am forever conscious of sideways disapproving glances when one is using a smartphone in the workplace. One day it will occur to management that I really am using the calculator to do a benefit calc. and not idly texting, because it’s much easier than using even a shortcut on my PC.

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 873

Mike Hughes - 27 May 2014 11:45 AM
Gregg P - 27 May 2014 09:06 AM

I think we live in a world where offline versions of benefit calculators as apps on smartphones or tablets are the way forward. The feature phone is about to die an unnatural death and the locking down of enterprised networks at all levels poses endless licensing; installation and update issues which are all solved in one fell swoop by the app.

Offline when in use and online when back on a wi-fi network to accommodate updates would be a wonderful thing.

Happy to advise on the accessibility issues :)

Now, someone explain… why Android? “Ducks!” :)

PS: The dynamics of such things always amuses me. I am forever conscious of sideways disapproving glances when one is using a smartphone in the workplace. One day it will occur to management that I really am using the calculator to do a benefit calc. and not idly texting, because it’s much easier than using even a shortcut on my PC.

rights advice Scotland were promoting one on their twitter feed.  maybe have a look for that.