× Search rightsnet
Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Access to justice and advice sector issues  →  Thread

Turn2us V Lisson Grove Benefit Calculators

ChrisG
forum member

Shelter, South Yorkshire

Send message

Total Posts: 34

Anyone got any thoughts views on the differences/ Pros & Cons between Turn2us & Lisson Grove Benefit calculators?

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Total Posts: 2009

Don’t forget us.

ChrisG
forum member

Shelter, South Yorkshire

Send message

Now’s your chance to plug your wares!

Jon (CANY)
forum member

Welfare benefits - Craven CAB, North Yorkshire

Send message

Total Posts: 1362

Previously:
http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/5468/

We use Lisson Grove’s QBC. Haven’t tried Ferret. We signpost clients to turn2us if they want to do their own checks.

My purely personal opinion:

QBC is good for advisers who understand the benefits system, you can get a quick answer without bothering to input details that you are sure won’t affect the result. The what-if function is very useful, similar to the “better-off calculation” that JCP do for jobseekers. But it’s easier to miss inputting something relevant in QBC, compared to the long-winded turn2us questionnaire (or the simpler Lisson Grove benefits program for that matter).

I may be misremembering here, but when I last looked a few months ago, turn2us didn’t seem to attempt to invoke local rules to calculate Council Tax support, or even warn you that the default scheme might not apply. But they seem to have fixed that now and incorporated the local schemes.

ChrisG
forum member

Shelter, South Yorkshire

Send message

Thanks for there reply - I’d seen that thread - but its 6 months old now. I’m very familiar with Lisson Grove - but Turn2us seem to have recently had a revamp and also has an adviser option with ability to compare a number of scenarios for each client.

I’ve had a quick try on it with a few scenarios - but I’m curious to hear from anyone who may have used the new Turn2us in detail and be able to flag up how it compares with the other calculators