Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

Removed DLA mobility

Altered Chaos
forum member

Operations & Advice Manager - Citizens Advice Taunton

Send message

Total Posts: 427

Hi all,

Cl in receipt of HRM (virtually unable to walk), health significantly deteriorated leading to care needs.
Submits a DLA434 ‘looking again at your claim’ form returning only admin and and care sections as no change to mobility. Decision letter received removing HRM as not virtually unable to walk. (GP confirms difficulties expressed by Cl including mob limitations)

I know there is plenty of CD’s on this issue warning tribunals to tread carefully when considering removing an award not under dispute but I would like some guidance or advice as to how to challenge this (hopefully without needing to proceed through lenghty tribunal etc).

Thanks in advance,
Chaos

Altered Chaos
forum member

Operations & Advice Manager - Citizens Advice Taunton

Send message

Total Posts: 427

Hi Tony
Thanks for your response.
The care needs were well detailed and stressed increased difficulties mobilising in the house (stairs etc) and need for attention. Cl has chronic asthma which is poorly controlled, been in and out of hospital because of this and it does not take much exertion at all to trigger an attack so I am still baffled. I guess I will proceed in the normal way and make complaint if necessary.

Thanks again