to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Income support, JSA and tax credits  →  Thread

Benefit Integrity Centre

roecab
forum member

Welfare benefits supervisor - Roehampton CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 465

A client has been asked to send back an A2 Income Support form, which has been sent from the benefit integrity centre. Client is anxious as she was called in for an interview under caution in June 2010 based on what was accepted to be a malicious allegation against her.

I take it that this is just a new name for compliance?

Thanks.

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3137

A recently rolled out network of Benefit Integrity Centres (or BICs).  Also known as Biros.  Geddit!  A pen pusher’s wet dream.

Sorry!

Seriously, never heard of them and I would presume, like you, that it is part of some compliance procedure.

roecab
forum member

Welfare benefits supervisor - Roehampton CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 465

Haha. You could be quite right. Although if it is wet dream for them that surely means lot’s of people’s benefits being cut…

suelees
forum member

Social Welfare dept, Stephensons Solicitors, Leigh

Send message

Total Posts: 84

What was the outcome ?

I’ve recently had a client in with one (A2) and when she rang the JCP she was told it was the wrong form but to complete it anyway. I’m a bit bemused.

suelees
forum member

Social Welfare dept, Stephensons Solicitors, Leigh

Send message

Total Posts: 84

nevip - 04 November 2010 09:39 AM

A recently rolled out network of Benefit Integrity Centres (or BICs).  Also known as Biros.  Geddit!  A pen pusher’s wet dream.

Sorry!

Seriously, never heard of them and I would presume, like you, that it is part of some compliance procedure.

I forgot to tut in my last post

Stevegale
forum member

Torbay Disability Information Service, Torbay NHS Care Trust

Send message

Total Posts: 342

Definition of integrity: ‘an undivided or unbroken completeness or totality with nothing wanting’. I’d report them to trading standards for mis-describing their business activities.