to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

Fixed term DLA award and Motability

AmosP
forum member

Financial wellbeing team leader - Family Mosaic, London

Send message

Total Posts: 32

Apologies if this subject has been raised before.

My client has recently been awarded DLA - HRC and HRM for a fixed term from 25.02.13 to 24.02.15.The award was made after an unsuccessful reconsideration but did not get to tribunal stage due to overwhelming evidence. My client contacted Motability last week and was informed that she does not qualify as her award has less than 12 months left. Is there anything she can do now to try and qualify for the Motability scheme? - i don’t think she can claim PIP without relinquishing her DLA award and in any case it would probably take until next February to get sorted out. Can she ask for her DLA award to be extended as, had they made the correct decision in the first place she would have had HRM for 2 years and there would be no issue about her qualifying for Motability.

Any help would be much appreciated.

ROBBO
forum member

Welfare rights team - Stockport Advice

Send message

Total Posts: 334

My colleague John Birks, a former contributor to this forum, declares himself more interested in cars than benefits these days.  He thinks the following deal is worth considering :-

http://www.offers.peugeot.co.uk/just-add-fuel

NB I don’t know rightsnet policy on advertising, but I’m sure other car deals are available