to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

DLA decision-maker has taken file home for the weekend for consideration

ncodp
forum member

Welfare Rights Advice, Disability Rights Norfolk

Send message

Total Posts: 26

Has anyone ever heard of this happening?  Our service user isn’t particularly happy about this and I’ve never heard of it before now, but I suppose this may be happening all the time and I just wasn’t aware.  Obviously personal information gets sent in the post re tribunals etc, and files are taken out of the office by us, so there may be data security protocols in place and being followed, but I was really surprised to hear of this - and being freely admitted to.
Julie
Equal Lives, Norwich

Tom B (WRAMAS)
forum member

WRAMAS - Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 456

Surprised it was reported to client but don’t see any issue with it - lots of public sector employers have home working arrangements in place (I would hope appropriate data protection procedures in place). Nature of any data/information based work in the 21st century really.

Edmund Shepherd
forum member

Tenancy Income, Royal Borough of Greenwich, London

Send message

Total Posts: 508

It’s not uncommon for benefit staff to work from home. DWP, HMRC and LAs will do it. LAs sometimes insist on a dedicated room that is accessible only by the employee where sensitive documents can be stored. It is surprising that the claimant was informed, though.