to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

Capita medical in Oct but report not sent to DWP

Margot
forum member

Macmillan Caseworker, Charnwood CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 2

I made a PIP claim for a client in July.  He had a medical at home beginning of October but heard nothing since.  DWP tell me they’ve not had the report. Capita refused to speak to me.  Client has now rung Capita and been told the report is still waiting to be written up!!  Are others experiencing this?  It is my only PIP claim that’s not been special rules.

V
forum member

Derby Advice - Derby Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 1

Just seen client who also made claim in July and had medical at home on 4/10/13.  Telephoned PIP enquiry line who advised that report not received by DWP until end of December.  Now passed to Blackpool for decision to be made.

Nicky
forum member

Supervisor Welfare Benefits, Barrow-in-Furness, Citizens Advice Bureau

Send message

Total Posts: 239

We are dealing with this all the time but not CAPITA we deal with ATOS. Have clients who claimed in April who still have not had decisions - we are using the local MP to try and move things on but even they’re getting no-where.

Margot
forum member

Macmillan Caseworker, Charnwood CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 2

Well, glad to know I’m not on my own.  Knew ATOS was bad as they do our ESA’s but was (stupidly) optimistic about Capita.  MP it is then…

Mick Quinn
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 161

Make official complaint to the DWP (not the assessment provider) about the unreasonable delay/stress etc

Tom B (WRAMAS)
forum member

WRAMAS - Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 456

Mick Quinn - 16 January 2014 01:36 PM

Make official complaint to the DWP (not the assessment provider) about the unreasonable delay/stress etc

Has anyone had any luck with this as I can’t get DWP or ATOS to respond to letter of complaint? (have received acknowledgements but no reply)

Lorraine Cooper
forum member

Family Support, Barnardo's, Merthyr Tydfil

Send message

Total Posts: 132

I got nowhere with complaining to DWP.  Went to the MP, it was found, forwarded & fast-tracked at DWP because they get twitchy when they see MP letters.

Mick Quinn
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 161

[quote author=“tbidmead” date=“1390208085 Has anyone had any luck with this as I can’t get DWP or ATOS to respond to letter of complaint? (have received acknowledgements but no reply)

Escalated the complaint if they do not respond to your initial one. Can be useful to go straight to the top as you know what rolls down hill! Ps Also use your MP!