Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

FAX NUMBER for HMCTS Bradford

Andy King
forum member

Avon and Bristol Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 8

Hello all,

My first message in my new role here in Bristol and I am begging for help. I am to see a client who has one day in which to lodge his SSCS1.

Does anyone have a fax number for Bradford?

Pathetically grateful

Richard Stacey

Sanatkumar Dave
forum member

Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council's Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 23

Here is the contact detail:

Address
Phoenix House
Rushton Avenue
Thornbury
Bradford
BD3 7BH
Telephone
0300 123 1142

Minicom
0300 123 1264

Fax
0113 389 6001

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3137

Your LA has done away with fax machines.  So has ours but we’ve replaced them with the all new singing and dancing all in one photocopiers, scanners and fax machines.  Hasn’t yours?

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3137

With ours the fax doesn’t work properly.  I’ve got into the habit of scanning in all or most documents and e-mailing them.  Has the added bonus of not getting lost in the post.

Jon (CANY)
forum member

Welfare benefits - Craven CAB, North Yorkshire

Send message

Total Posts: 1362

NB, the contact details in the first reply, above, are for the local hearing venue in Bradford. I don’t believe they will be accepting SSCS1 applications. From:

http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/appeals-and-mandatory-reconsideration

For cases in England and Wales you should send your completed form to HMCTS, SSCS Appeals Centre, PO Box 1203, Bradford BD1 9WP

For cases in Scotland you should send it to HMCTS SSCS Appeals Centre, PO Box 27080, Glasgow G2 9HQ

(The SSCS1 appeal form includes these addresses.)

Alternatively you can send your appeal to the Courts and Tribunals Service by fax. In this case fax should be the only submission of that appeal, as sending the appeal by post as well has the potential to cause confusion and add unnecessary delay to the appeal’s progress. Fax numbers are, for England and Wales, 0870 739 4108, and, for Scotland, 0870 324 0164.

The email address of the Courts and Tribunals Service for queries regarding the new form and guidance is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

Andy King
forum member

Avon and Bristol Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 8

Thank you all. Very grateful.
Richard Stacey

Robbie Spence
forum member

Independent benefits adviser and trainer

Send message

Total Posts: 116

Re post #6 the DirectLodgementEnquiries email address no longer works. I tried it last week twice.

Edmund Shepherd
forum member

Tenancy Income, Royal Borough of Greenwich, London

Send message

Total Posts: 508

I tried to get a fax number or email address for Bradford appeals centre a while back and HMCTS couldn’t give it to me. I put this in the appeal as a reason for lateness. It was accepted. The only time I would predict serious problems is if you are at risk of missing the long stop appeal deadline or your appeal is significantly late, namely well over the one month short stop deadline.

The fax number for submissions is of limited use as once the appeal is lodged, it is taken over by the regional hub anyway, email addresses for which are readily available.

An email address and fax number for Bradford appeals centre would be extremely useful. I don’t believe that it doesn’t exist. Has anyone tried “sscsa-bradford@hmcts…” as this appears to be the format?

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

Disability Rights Factsheet 36 has the HMCTS fax number for England and Wales as 0870 739 4108 (presumably Bradford?) and for Scotland 0870 324 0164 (Glasgow?).
I haven’t tried them as I use the regional hub number in Leeds (0113 389 6001)