to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

mandatory reconsideration case needed for training purposes

Robbie Spence
forum member

Independent benefits adviser and trainer

Send message

Total Posts: 116

Has anyone for training purposes got paperwork that could be anonymised and used to illustrate the journey from claim through mandatory reconsideration to lodgement of SSCS1? 

I’ve asked around and the view seems to be that it’ll be well into next year before there’ll be appeal bundles with all of this including the DWP appeal response.

In the meantime, can anyone help or does anyone know if DWP or HMCTS have any made-up examples for training purposes of their own and who’d be a good person to ask?

DWRS
forum member

Durham County Council Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 73

Hi Robby

We have an annomised mandatory reconsideration and documentation relating to appeal. We received our first set of appeal papers about a month ago (the joys of being in the pilot area!!)

Could email relevant paperwork to you if you would like??

Many Thanks

paulmoorhouse
forum member

Central and South Sussex CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 96

Can I be a pain and ask for copies (or for you to post them as attachments on here?) training course mid February.

my email is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) 

Thanks.

Lawtcrav
forum member

Halton Disability Advice & Appeals Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 53

DWRS - 23 December 2013 01:15 PM

Hi Robby

We have an annomised mandatory reconsideration and documentation relating to appeal. We received our first set of appeal papers about a month ago (the joys of being in the pilot area!!)

Many Thanks

Could I also be a pain please. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Robbie Spence
forum member

Send message

We have an annomised mandatory reconsideration and documentation relating to appeal. We received our first set of appeal papers about a month ago (the joys of being in the pilot area!!) Could email relevant paperwork to you if you would like??

Many thanks for your reply, DWRS: a nice Christmas present. Please do email the paperwork to me - robbie.spence AT disabilityrightsuk.org (replacing AT with @ - an attempt to avoid spamming). Will you include the other takers in your email? If not I’ll forward it to them.

Lawtcrav
forum member

Halton Disability Advice & Appeals Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 53

Lawtcrav - 24 December 2013 05:40 PM

Hi Robby

Many Thanks

Could I also be a pain please. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Did you send me the papers, if you did I haven’t received them. Please send again. Thanks

DWRS
forum member

Send message

Hi Everyone

Sorry for the delay, it’s my first day back after the christmas break!!

I have emailed you the documents and hope you find them useful.

I am going to attempt to attach them to this post for anyone else to look at. Fingers crossed it works

Many Thanks

Kathryn

File Attachments

DWRS
forum member

Send message

Me again

Have one more attachement, would only let me attach 3

File Attachments

Robbie Spence
forum member

Send message

Kathryn at DWRS, thanks for posting the docs. It looks like they form part of an appeal bundle of 70 or more pages. It would be great to be able to see and use the entire bundle. I guess that would mean more work for you to anonymise and scan it, and I’m sure others will be as grateful as me if you could post the rest of the bundle online in this way.
Thanks again, Robbie

DWRS
forum member

Send message

Hi Everyone

I thought I would provide an update on the case I posted on here a few months ago.

I have been advised today after sending in supportive medical evidence that the decision has been revised and client has been awarded enhanced daily living component and standard mobility component, which is great news.

The appeal was listed but then postponed, we are unsure of the reason but would assume it was due to a presenting officer not being available!!

This is an encouraging outcome and it does not seem like we are going to face the issues we did with ESA when that was first introduced and the DWP advised that cases should be heard at Tribunal and they were unwilling to revise decisions.

The other positive thing in this case is that ESA have now placed her from WRAG to support following her award of PIP, which surprised us all.

Another note from the north east, we have had apx 8 PIP hearings up here and only 1 has been allowed. The main argument in that case was the length of time it takes to carry out an activity. The Judges have commented that they are finding little fault with the ATOS medicals, which surprised us all!!

Kathryn