to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

introduction of dedicated AA helpline

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3784

The DWP is introducing a dedicated AA helpline, called the ‘Attendance Allowance Service Centre’.

‘From 29 January 2014 a new number for Attendance Allowance will be introduced. Claimants can contact the Attendance Allowance Service Centre on either 0345 605 6055 or 0845 605 6055. The new text Phone number for Attendance Allowance will be 0845 604 5312.

The DLA/AA Helpline number (0845 712 34 56) will become a dedicated line for Disability Living Allowance only.

The introduction of both an 0345 and an 0845 number is to meet the Permanent Secretary’s commitment to all DWP helplines running both numbers to enable claimants to make an informed choice in order to minimise their call costs. The 0345 number will in general reduce the cost when dialled from a mobile phone, whilst the 0845 number will ensure those who benefit from low rates for these calls (generally when calling from landlines) are not disadvantaged.’

Edmund Shepherd
forum member

Tenancy Income, Royal Borough of Greenwich, London

Send message

Total Posts: 508

Any mention of whether the direct line for advisers will get through to an office for both benefits or just either DLA or AA? The number I mean is the one ending 121.

Sang
forum member

Welfare Rights Team, Benefits and Work Publishing

Send message

Total Posts: 4

I discovered the Advisers’ line is for DLA only, and was referred to the Claimants’ helpline for my AA query.

Does anyone have any Advisers’ tel numbers for AA (or PIP?) please