to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

ESA10 Form

Y Kelman
forum member

Macmillan Tayside Welfare Benefits Partnership - Dundee Welfare Rights Team

Send message

Total Posts: 1

Hello All - Gov.uk says to use the internet to obtain forms and information.  I cannot find a link to an ESA10 form.  Does anyone know where I can find one?

Tom B (WRAMAS)
forum member

WRAMAS - Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 456

Not heard of an ESA10 before. Do you know what it is supposed to be?

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

If it is to get SDP added to claim it’s still an IS10 as far as I know. I don’t think I have ever managed to find a downloadable on-line version. I usually ring contact centre and ask them to issue one.

Stevegale
forum member

Torbay Disability Information Service, Torbay NHS Care Trust

Send message

Total Posts: 342

In my experience glitches arise if you generate your own IS10 (i.e. by copying a blank). I think DWP like to log them before issuing them, but then again anything to do with ESA and the SDP seems to cause problems these days…

benefitsadviser
forum member

Sunderland West Advice Project

Send message

Total Posts: 1003

I tend to use an ESA3 form to get my clients their EDP when i have got them into the support group. It also works for getting an SDP added in my experience, although IS10s are still used from time to time. I wish they would make up their mind!

Edmund Shepherd
forum member

Tenancy Income, Royal Borough of Greenwich, London

Send message

Total Posts: 508

I think the ESA3 is mostly useful when someone on cESA is placed in the Support Group as they will need to tell JCP what income they have to be assessed for income-related ESA and the EDP.

My last office kept a stock of IS10s, you could ask JCP for a few if they’re willing. A call to request issue of one seems to work fine, too. As above, if the claimant’s on the contributory benefit, you’ll need to submit an ESA3 anyway, to allow JCP to assess for irESA as the IS10 doesn’t capture income information.

stefrisk
forum member

Sleaford CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 22

We had a client today with an ESA3 and an IS10 both sent out as a result of appealing a WRAG decision which we believe should be Support Group (client cannot mobilise at all, let alone 20 metres). Already in receipt of DLA HRM and MRC. IS10 a complete waste of valuable volunteer time. Am I missing something here? Surely an ESA 3 covers all the bases? Yet covering letter clearly states both forms should be completed. What does the IS10 have that isn’t in the ESA3? Looking forward to the inevitable ESA50 that this will trigger .........

stevenm030
forum member

welfare rights officer, dundee city council

Send message

Total Posts: 51

Y Kelman - 11 December 2013 02:49 PM

Hello All - Gov.uk says to use the internet to obtain forms and information.  I cannot find a link to an ESA10 form.  Does anyone know where I can find one?

just send an IS10.