to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

DLA - “Right To Pay”

Posh
forum member

Welfare Benefits for Over 60's, Alnwick CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 8

I assisted a Client with a DLA80 form assuming it was a DLA renewal and returned it to DCS in September. I have just teleponed DCS to see if a decision has yet been made. I told the rep it was a renewal but he said it was a “right to pay” and the decisions on these take longer.

Does anyone know what the difference is with renewal and right to pay?

Thanks

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 872

Posh - 05 December 2013 11:52 AM

I assisted a Client with a DLA80 form assuming it was a DLA renewal and returned it to DCS in September. I have just teleponed DCS to see if a decision has yet been made. I told the rep it was a renewal but he said it was a “right to pay” and the decisions on these take longer.

Does anyone know what the difference is with renewal and right to pay?

Thanks

sounds like a right payment programme form?

in my experience a right payment form is sent “randomly” to clients with indefinite awards just to see if there is any way they can cut the clients money….sorry I meant to say check if the award was still accurate.

jimmckenny
forum member

Benefits Advice Service, Kirklees Council

Send message

Total Posts: 28

Also not uncommon for DLA80 to be sent to claimant if DLA have received an allegation that they may not be entitled.  Before completing you need to obtain the last completed DLA claim/review form so as to see what evidence was used to make the decision.