to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

phoning capita

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1964

trying to phone capita re. pip matters - will press ‘submit’ when the wait has reached 30 mins. my call is important to them and will be answered shortly. apparently.

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Send message

34 mins total before reply.

andyrichards
forum member

City services - Brighton and Hove City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 204

How many of Vivaldi’s Four Seasons do you get to hear in 34 minutes, or was it ‘80’s American soft rock standards?

Lorraine Cooper
forum member

Family Support, Barnardo's, Merthyr Tydfil

Send message

Total Posts: 132

Anything on earth is better than the endless repeats of Let It Be that Tax Credits used in their first few years.  If only successive governments actually HAD Let It Be…

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Send message

Frustratingly, I couldn’t identify the (classical) piece in question but as it constantly went back on itself, it is burned in to my consciousness. If I ever hear it again I may end up under a desk, howling.

Mr Finch
forum member

Benefits adviser - Isle of Wight CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 509

Andrew Dutton - 06 November 2013 03:05 PM

Frustratingly, I couldn’t identify the (classical) piece in question but as it constantly went back on itself, it is burned in to my consciousness. If I ever hear it again I may end up under a desk, howling.

I have a theory that, far from being there to improve the experience, certain hold systems are designed to encourage you to hang up. Frequent voice-over interruptions and an unnecessarily short loop of music make the wait seem more futile than it really is.

Surrey Adviser
forum member

Benefits and debt adviser - Esher CAB, Surrey

Send message

Total Posts: 222

Did you call it music!?  Most of what I hear, I wouldn’t dignify with that name.