Total Posts: 52

Love it!

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Total Posts: 2002

That really isn’t fair! 

On the other side of the coin, consider the case of Jack.  Selling his cow demonstrates the new, modern generous approach consistent with the government’s aims and principles.

Were the beans he received assessed for their capital value? - No, payment in kind is ignored.

Was he required to demonstrate that he had spent 35 hours a week selling his cow? - No, that won’t be a requirement for another two weeks.

Was he considered to have disposed of his cow in order to gain entitlement to JSA (Jiant Seekers Allowance) - No, because it doesn’t exist.

Of course, if he was, by some chance, to acquire some item of capital vale, such as a golden goose, in future then we might, reluctantly have to revise our initial determination but he shouldn’t be concerned about that.

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3135

On day as I was going to St Ives I met a man with seven wives.  He told me that he’d just lost his job and was on the way to the jobcentre.  I didn’t have the heart to tell him about the benefit cap but did tell him that cats in sacks was a bit of a no no.

benefitsadviser
forum member

Sunderland West Advice Project

Send message

Total Posts: 1003

I need some advice on a client who wants to challenge a DWP decision.

The client in question was judged to be in receipt of excess capital that he no longer owns, and apparently they are using deprivation of capital here.

Apparently the sheep in question had wool, apparently 3 bags full.

He decided to give one to the master, one to the dame and the last one was given to the little boy who lives down the lane.

Mr sheep cant explain why he disposed of the wool in question so im not sure if i can challenge this? 

Any advice would be appreciated.

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

I have a similar case. The client concerned (Miss B Peep) has lost her sheep and doesn’t know where to find them. DWP contends she has deliberately disposed of the asset.

Edited to say: they also refuse to place my client, Mr H Dumpty, into the SG despite excellent supporting evidence from all the king’s horses and all the king’s men.

[ Edited: 9 Oct 2013 at 02:08 pm by 1964 ]
Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

benefitsadviser - 09 October 2013 12:42 PM

I need some advice on a client who wants to challenge a DWP decision.

The client in question was judged to be in receipt of excess capital that he no longer owns, and apparently they are using deprivation of capital here.

Apparently the sheep in question had wool, apparently 3 bags full.

He decided to give one to the master, one to the dame and the last one was given to the little boy who lives down the lane.

Mr sheep cant explain why he disposed of the wool in question so im not sure if i can challenge this? 

Any advice would be appreciated.

No re-sheep-ts would be an issue :)

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

Or pulled the wool over our eyes and made me feel like a knit…

NeverSayNo
forum member

Welfare rights department - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 195

If ewe lot continue to ram dreadful sheep jokes in to this thread, I will ask a forum administrator to get involved. Shorn, perhaps?

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3135

....to be continewed.