PIP decisions

< 1 2 3 4 > 

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3135

ros - 03 October 2013 10:03 AM

just out of interest, do you know if he had an assessment or if it was a decision on the papers?

Don’t know Ros.  I’ve just phoned him but he’s not in.  I’ll find out as soon as I can.

Ros
Administrator

editor, rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 1323

fair enough - if it was through an assessment will be the first decision on that basis that’s been heard of (as far as i’m aware)...

nevip
forum member

Send message

Haven’t spoken to the client yet but I’ve just found out that the decision was made on 2/8/13.

Krissie Newton
forum member

Welfare Rights Adviser, Freshwinds, Birmingham

Send message

Total Posts: 60

No decisions for me yet. The only one to have heard anything, which is the first form I assisted with back in July, has just had their home visit cancelled for the 6th time!!

Ros
Administrator

editor, rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

surely someone’s had an assessment based decision somewhere?!

imaginary digital chocolate orange to the first one reported (hang the expense).

nevip
forum member

Send message

Yes, just found out.  Award based on face to face assessment.

Ros
Administrator

editor, rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

eureka! thanks paul.

i wonder if that means they are starting to be notified - interesting that your client’s decision was actually made in august.

Tom B (WRAMAS)
forum member

WRAMAS - Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 456

A colleague has had a client’s decision through following an assessment. Enhanced rate of both components awarded. My colleague suggested she would have expected them to get MRC HRM under DLA.

PeteS
forum member

Financial inclusion - NPT Homes, Neath

Send message

Total Posts: 17

Are PIP decisions now coming though in other areas? We are based in South Wales and have put in quite a number of claims but have no decisions.

stefrisk
forum member

Sleaford CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 22

Yes, we’ve had our first decision - yesterday - and it included a F2F assessment which involved travelling a 40 mile round trip

ASH
forum member

Welfare officer - St Christopher's Hospice, SE London

Send message

Total Posts: 110

That makes me mad.  Isn’t there a human rights argument here?

Paul_Treloar
forum member

Welfare benefits caseworker, Mary Ward Legal Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 148

Macmillan Cancer were on the BBC on the weekend, claiming that time scales for processing special rules claims have increased from 8-10 days under DLA to 8-10 weeks under PIP.

Needless to say, DWP spokesperson strenuously denies any problems….

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1964

AND said person adds blatant fiction:

‘But a spokeswoman for the DWP said under the new PIPs, terminally ill cancer patients were “fast-tracked” and that under the previous system claimants had to fill in a 40-page form.’

Geri-G
forum member

Welfare reform team - North Ayrshire Council

Send message

Total Posts: 91

I have had two PIP decisions back-both successful. One awarded Enhanced Rate Mobility and the other Standard Daily Living Component. Client had a face to face medical assessment and the report on how they made their decision was included. Very handy-as same client had an ESA appeal to get into support group under mobility, and ESA assessment said he didn’t qualify, but PIP assessment said he did. Result-copied PIP decision and sent to HMCATS and won ESA appeal!

Karen Gill
forum member

Welfare Rights, Argyll & Bute Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1

We have received our first PIP decision following a home visit by a health professional.  Client states very thorough medical and the views of the carer were sought and listened to!  The decision that followed was Daily living enhanced rate and mobility enhanced rate.  The decision states that ‘We will contact you again in 2023 to make sure you are receiving the right level of PIP. Very surprised didn’t think there were going to be any long term awards under PIP!

Sadly I also have a DS1500 client who has been waiting approx 6 weeks with no decision.  I have referred this to the local MP as they should be aware about what is happening under PIP to terminally ill clients.

(first attempt at a post on Rightsnet so hope I have managed to attach it to the correct thread)