Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

‘Secret’ PIP assessment venues

< 1 2 3 > 

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

Interestingly our local prime minister had given us contact details for a couple his special advisers following meetings about the WCA (they did not respond) and also arranged a meeting with the minister (who stuck his head in the sand).

Maybe we need Berlusconi?

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

I believe that one of the issues re: venues is that much shuffling of said venues is taking place after they did accessibility audits and discovered that many intended venues were not in fact anything like accessible. As they scramble around for new venues it’s apparently hard for them to distinguish between those venues which are settled and those which are being previewed for suitability.

Much work to be done utilising the Equality Act I suspect.

annief
forum member

Benefits adviser - Maggie's Centre, Edinburgh

Send message

Total Posts: 107

An email has just arrived from DWP saying that the locations for the assessment centres are now published on the ATOS website.
Sorry I can’t add a link to the page as they have just changed our computer system and I haven’t yet worked out how to do it. Maybe someone a little more IT capable can help.

Julie Stuart
forum member

Macmillan benefits adviser - Edinburgh Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 39

I believe the exact location of the info on ATOS website is http://www.atoshealthcare.com/pip/consultation_locations - not sure if that will work as a link but you can copy and paste it.

Julie

AlunE
forum member

Policy officer - Citizens Advice, Wales

Send message

Total Posts: 1

anyone know where the Capita ones are in Wales?

Steve_h
forum member

Welfare Rights- AIW Health

Send message

Total Posts: 193

Probably Mount Snowdon (I wouldn’t be surprised)  :)

annief
forum member

Benefits adviser - Maggie's Centre, Edinburgh

Send message

Total Posts: 107

lol, more than likely.

Try this website, it was on the Capita site for those wanting to become disbaility assessors.

http://www.trainedtodo.co.uk/locations

A

Peter Turville
forum member

Send message

Julie Stuart - 04 September 2013 07:51 AM

I believe the exact location of the info on ATOS website is http://www.atoshealthcare.com/pip/consultation_locations - not sure if that will work as a link but you can copy and paste it.

Julie

It works - I wonder why when DWP replied to our FOI request they did not state - ‘the information you requested will be published on the Atos website on [date]?

However I note there are no venues in Oxfordshire. Which rather suggests they are having difficults finding suitable accessable venues and/or sub-contractors in some locations? I note how few venues are currently listed for London!

sallyann
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Hertfordshire County Council Money Advice Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 16

In reply to the previous poster, there are two venues in Oxford - they are listed under ‘East England’.

Peter Turville
forum member

Send message

barbara - 04 September 2013 02:26 PM

In reply to the previous poster, there are two venues in Oxford - they are listed under ‘East England’.

Ohh! I didn’t think of looking under Eastern England - South East & South West yes but last time I looked on a map Oxon was not in the East! hardly inspires confidence in Atos if they don’t even know which regions counties are located!

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

Andyp4 - 04 September 2013 11:18 AM

Having looked at some of the West Country venues e.g. Mullion, Tavistock, Holsworthy and Broadmayne i wouldn’t rule Snowdon out at this stage?

Snowdon - accessible on foot or by train; tests walking ability on non-level ground and ability to avoid falls (fatal or non-fatal). Possible to view the claimant approaching fron a long way off; interpretation in a variety of languages should be available.

And… it’s in Wales!!!

What’s not to like? :)

Oh and, of course, plenty of medical attention available if needed although the cost of helicopters may be an issue!!!

Peter Turville
forum member

Send message

Mike Hughes - 05 September 2013 01:11 PM

And… it’s in Wales!!!

Or maybe not - see above post!

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Total Posts: 2004

We have a WRAC committee meeting tomorrow, I’ll see whether the Capita locations have appeared yet.  Given that I had to do a FOI request to get the criteria for the CC replacement scheme, I wouldn’t hold your breath.

paulmoorhouse
forum member

Central and South Sussex CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 96

A surprising number of seem to be in leisure centres and gyms, handy for fraud investigators to install video equipment?

Pete C
forum member

Pete at CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 556

Mike Hughes - 05 September 2013 01:11 PM
Andyp4 - 04 September 2013 11:18 AM

Having looked at some of the West Country venues e.g. Mullion, Tavistock, Holsworthy and Broadmayne i wouldn’t rule Snowdon out at this stage?

Snowdon - accessible on foot or by train; tests walking ability on non-level ground and ability to avoid falls (fatal or non-fatal). Possible to view the claimant approaching fron a long way off; interpretation in a variety of languages should be available.

And… it’s in Wales!!!

What’s not to like? :)

Oh and, of course, plenty of medical attention available if needed although the cost of helicopters may be an issue!!!

” it is submitted that Mr X had good reson for failing to attend his medical at the Y Wyfdda assessment centre on 10th January. Due to back problems he was not able to fasten his crampons to his boots and the Mountain Rescue wouldn’t let him leave Llanberis”