× Search rightsnet
Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Access to justice and advice sector issues  →  Thread

rightsnet fantasy football is go !!

1 2 > 

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3794

it’s that time of year again ....

our fantasy football ‘chimpions league’ is now open ....

if you’d like to enter, email me - .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) - for the entry code and then ....

- login or register @ http://fantasy.premierleague.com
- follow the steps to create your team (don’t worry, you can make unlimited transfers before the first game so you can take time to get your team together)
- then click on leagues>join a league>private league links .... and enter the code

games kick off on 17 august .....

cheers - shawn

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Total Posts: 2009

Can we have fantasy rugby too?  [or do you find spelling Welsh names to difficult :-) ]

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

Gareth Morgan - 24 July 2013 06:45 PM

Can we have fantasy rugby too?  [or do you find spelling Welsh names to difficult :-) ]

Isn’t Welsh rugby like coal mining and steel making - a bit of history?
Anyway Llansantffraid - Ym- Mechain (TNS) are a football not a rugby team!

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

there’s this one gareth ..

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/fantasyrl/

(.. it was league you were interested in wasn’t it ?!!!)

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Grrr!

Lorraine Cooper
forum member

Family Support, Barnardo's, Merthyr Tydfil

Send message

Total Posts: 132

lol.  (Yorkshire girl, living in South Wales, you can fill in the blanks yourself.)

Peter Turville
forum member

Send message

Peter Turville - 25 July 2013 12:00 PM

And of course they play regularly in the Champions League - unlike some teams beginning with L (or T) I could mention - not bad for a village team!

Alan Markey
forum member

Director - Coventry Independent Advice Service

Send message

Total Posts: 46

Hi

If anyone fancies joining another league (you can have the same team in multiple leagues - well, it is fantasy football!) then Adviser magazine also has a league.

If you would like to join in again, head to http://fantasy.premierleague.com and register your team.  Then click on the ‘leagues’ tab and join the Adviser league by entering the code 303281-79603

Please feel free to pass this message on to colleagues and friends!  And the very best of luck everyone!

Alan

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

... any more for any more?

rightsnet chimpions league code is .... 447997-112757

dominic3
forum member

Welfare benefits operations manager, DABD(uk), Barking and Dagenham

Send message

Total Posts: 18

Hi Shawn

Although like eus all i am exceptionally busy :) I am taking 15 mins to enter but I am not getting anywhere with that code and i note it has 12 digits whereas the code entered for the other league in the posting above has 11, can you confirm….....................

Thanks
Dominic

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Hi Dominic .. have just double checked and think the code’s right ... this cut and pasted direct from their site -

‘Code to join this league: 447997-112757’

Is it giving you an error message?

Cheers - Shawn

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

Peter Turville - 26 July 2013 12:48 PM
Peter Turville - 25 July 2013 12:00 PM

And of course they play regularly in the Champions League - unlike some teams beginning with L (or T) I could mention - not bad for a village team!

They also technically play in England and I think you’ll find that they haven’t been TNS for a while now - New Saints. Also interesting to note that whilst on the surface this is a sorry tale of a club being taken over and its identity removed (I don’t see Newton Heath complaining too much about being Manchester United, although amusingly the good people of Newton Heath were “up in arms” when FC United started looking there for a ground) the original Llansantffraid destroyed another club to come into existence.

Nothing is ever as simple as it seems eh. Especially Fantasy Football :)

Peter Turville
forum member

Send message

True they now play at Park Hall in Oswestry (the old ground still exists - next to the leisure centre) - but then Cardiff, Newport, Swansea & Merthyr play in English leagues. They are now known as The New Saints (TNS) having previously been sponsered by Total Network Solutions (a consumer research co) although the full name and club badge retain the name/sybols of both clubs. Llansantfraid’s nick name was/is ‘The Saints’. Llansantfraid fc mereged with Oswestry fc in 2003 - its probably a mute point with fans as to which club took over which?! Which all goes to show that fact is stranger than fantacy (football)! I confess to only having seen a match at the old Oswastry fc in their northern prem days.

Am I sad or what?

[ Edited: 11 Sep 2013 at 02:49 pm by Peter Turville ]
Mike Hughes
forum member

Send message

Peter,

I can assure you it’s anything but a moot point with fans of the English club. On this occasion there’s little doubt, for once, that the Welsh invaded the (allegedly) English. It’s kind of irrelevant though given that most people don’t realise that Welsh clubs have never asked to join the English pyramid. Rather, it was the other way round. In the dim and distant past the English begged the Welsh to join as they were running out of effective opposition. As a Welshman this fact amuses me no end.

On the other hand, your omission of my might Wrexham AFC will NEVER be forgiven :)

Peter Turville
forum member

Send message

Isn’t that the home of Cefn Druids? And if I were gloating I might mention ETFC 3 Wrexham 1 8/7/12.

Mike Hughes
forum member

Send message

Peter Turville - 11 September 2013 07:25 PM

Isn’t that the home of Cefn Druids? And if I were gloating I might mention ETFC 3 Wrexham 1 8/7/12.

Another club with what might be politely described as a chequered history.

Ah, yes. The Supporters Direct Tripphy :) We were just practising for 2 trips to Wemblsy in one season :)

Peter Turville
forum member

Send message

Wemblsy? Wembley was a second home to the late lamented EFC (as we liked to remind supporters of Barnet, Maidstone etc) Ah those were the days!

I think Shawn might show us a red card soon!

Ros
Administrator

editor, rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 1323

shawn’s not in office today.

i was thinking this was all a bit off topic and, if we were playing just a minute, could be halted on the grounds of deviation. also, i have absolutely no idea what you’re all talking about - could be in polish as far as i’m concerned.

still, shawn started it by introducing chimpions league so we have only ourselves to blame!

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Chimpions league opens up an entirely new fantasy competition.

Which cabinet ministers (or benefits advisers) match which apes or monkeys most closely - and why?

(allegedly)

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

oh gareth, what have you done ...!?

Lorraine Cooper
forum member

Family Support, Barnardo's, Merthyr Tydfil

Send message

Total Posts: 132

Peter Turville - 11 September 2013 12:46 PM

True they now play at Park Hall in Oswestry (the old ground still exists - next to the leisure centre) - but then Cardiff, Newport, Swansea & Merthyr play in English leagues.

I’ll not mention Hednesford Town reaching the FAW Cup Final whenever it was then (looks to the West Mids folk for more help here)

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3137

I have rather fond memories of the Estate Cup 1965 where Billy Ellis’s gang met the Temple Road Die Hards in the final, played on a sunny summer’s Saturday afternoon in Canal Street (yes, actually in the street).  It was 23 a side and the Temple Road Die Hards (us) won 42-26.  The game was somewhat marred by sporadic fighting which broke out over Simon Evans’s persistent goal larking.  And our team’s chances weren’t helped when Robbie Smith’s mum dragged him off the pitch by his ear for sneaking out when he was grounded and Jimmy Boyle running off crying after he grazed his knee.  Still, happy days!

Peter Turville
forum member

Send message

Lorraine Cooper - 13 September 2013 11:48 AM

I’ll not mention Hednesford Town reaching the FAW Cup Final whenever it was then (looks to the West Mids folk for more help here)

The FAW used to invite English league and non-league teams to compete in the FAW Cup. It has been won by english clubs (inc once by Hednesford) many times, the most times by Shrewsbury Town.

look its my lunch break, I’ve just finished a mindbending submission on TC case and I need relaxation.

Peter Turville
forum member

Send message

nevip - 13 September 2013 12:17 PM

The game was somewhat marred by sporadic fighting which broke out over Simon Evans’s persistent goal larking.  And our team’s chances weren’t helped when Robbie Smith’s mum dragged him off the pitch by his ear for sneaking out when he was grounded and Jimmy Boyle running off crying after he grazed his knee.

Neet description of Luis Suarez!

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3137

Don’t get me started on Suarez.  And I’m a red.

Mike Hughes
forum member

Send message

ros - 12 September 2013 12:54 PM

shawn’s not in office today.

i was thinking this was all a bit off topic and, if we were playing just a minute, could be halted on the grounds of deviation. also, i have absolutely no idea what you’re all talking about - could be in polish as far as i’m concerned.

still, shawn started it by introducing chimpions league so we have only ourselves to blame!

I am firmly of the view that the rules of Just A Minute ought to be applied to all online forums :) Would solve an awful lot of things at once!!!

Mike Hughes
forum member

Send message

Gareth Morgan - 12 September 2013 03:41 PM

Chimpions league opens up an entirely new fantasy competition.

Which cabinet ministers (or benefits advisers) match which apes or monkeys most closely - and why?

(allegedly)

There’s a Gareth Bale joke in here isn’t there!

Mike Hughes
forum member

Send message

Peter Turville - 13 September 2013 12:20 PM
Lorraine Cooper - 13 September 2013 11:48 AM

The FAW used to invite English league and non-league teams to compete in the FAW Cup. It has been won by english clubs (inc once by Hednesford) many times, the most times by Shrewsbury Town.

look its my lunch break, I’ve just finished a mindbending submission on TC case and I need relaxation.

Are we talking about the Welsh Cup, which was a proper tournament with access to Europe until the FAW invented their own league, and which was won by numerous border occupants like Jester City or… some others I cannot bring myself to type.

Or… are we talking about the FAW Trophy which was a short-lived TV driven thing about nothing but TV and money?

Just wanted to check :)

Mike Hughes
forum member

Send message

shawn - 12 September 2013 06:38 PM

oh gareth, what have you done ...!?

I felt like that when I started reading his blog :)

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Congratulations to CitA and Nawra’s very own Alan Markey for winning this season’s rightsnet chimpions league ...

.. and an honourable mention to ‘Sefton United’ .... after all, it’s the taking part that counts!

Now, where’s that World Cup sweepstake kit .....

Alan Markey
forum member

Director - Coventry Independent Advice Service

Send message

Total Posts: 46

I would like to thank the players, the back room staff and, of course, the fans - none of this would have been possible without you. Now I’m off for a lap of honour.