The Worst filled in ESA 50 ever?

bigbill
forum member

Dumfries Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 127

See if this link works.

http://www.flickr.com//photos/95733113@N08/show/with/8728839901/

Person has High Care & High Mobility of DLA and Incapacity and Income Support, about to transfer to ESA or maybe not?

She mobilises when needed using crutches and has the use of a disabled scooter most of the time outdoors.

CMILKCAB
forum member

Benefits advisor, NHS Project - Castlemilk CAB, Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 92

Or it could have been filled in by an intellectual wordsworth carefully outlining all her problems and difficulties….......................at the end of the day they will both be treated the same….IGNORED.

ATOS will decide!!!! ;)

DSWM
forum member

Advice service manager - Disability Solutions, Stoke-on-Trent

Send message

Total Posts: 18

I can beat that! The worst I’ve seen ticks every single “No problem” box, in the space below states “I can do this” and at the end where it asks, Do you want to tell us anything else?” client states, “No, I think that’s all thank you. I am getting better and think I will look for a job some time soon, maybe next year” !!!!!

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

I’m with Neil. I don’t think it makes a blind bit of difference how well client completes the ESA50.

A bloke called in to our office the other day thinking we were the local ATOS assessment venue (which is opposite our office on the other side of the road). We did think about completing a GL24 with him whilst he was with us, thus cutting out the middle man.

ikbikb
forum member

LSD WB supervisor - Bury District CAB, Lancashire

Send message

Total Posts: 146

Well filled in ES50 are very useful at appeal at least. You can state that the HCP should have been aware of something at the WCA as they should have the ESA50 at the assessment. In submissions statements from the ESA50 and appeal form by the appellant can be compared to the ‘typical day’ part of the WCA and give a level of consistancy when compared to the WCA and that is contemporary with it.

bigbill
forum member

Dumfries Welfare Rights

Send message

Should have made it clear, this form was done for this disabled client by an advice worker.

benefitsadviser
forum member

Sunderland West Advice Project

Send message

Total Posts: 1003

Advice worker? You are kidding surely!

Tom B (WRAMAS)
forum member

WRAMAS - Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 456

bigbill - 13 May 2013 11:29 PM

Should have made it clear, this form was done for this disabled client by an advice worker.

That is shocking.

My favourite was one I saw in a bundle; front page filled in, thereafter sporadically completed, some boxes ticked, some questions ignored… Only one written answer in the form, to descriptor 5: “this question is pathetic”

bigbill
forum member

Dumfries Welfare Rights

Send message

We have now done the form the way it should have been done in the first place and included all the relevant information, problems etc, I would have expected any compitent “advice worker” to have done the same.

To be honest I would be surprised if they are now called to an ATOS medical given the information in the form.