to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

‘DWP’ web site

JimT
forum member

WRO - Dunedin Canmore Housing Association, Edinburgh

Send message

Total Posts: 44

Urghh. I’ve just for the first time visited the new look DWP web pages which are now at http://www.gov.uk/dwp

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3137

I believe it’s as a result of its amalgamation with the Department of Justice into an all embracing Ministry of Truth.

Damian
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Salford Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 211

I notice the two sections “Simplifying the welfare system and making sure work pays” and “Helping to reduce poverty and improve social justice” both have a picture of someone laughing above them.

nevip
forum member

Send message

Most of the people on the site are either smiling or laughing.  The DWP is obviously a wonderful place to work, the service is jolly, helpful and efficient and claimants don’t have a care in the world.  Dissent will not be tolerated.  Get with the programme people.

benefitsadviser
forum member

Sunderland West Advice Project

Send message

Total Posts: 1003

I like how there is a smiley JSA adviser in the picture, along with the heading “The number of people claiming JSA has fallen”

Of course it’s fallen.

She is probably smiling due to the fact she has just sanctioned another jobseeker.

Pete C
forum member

Pete at CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 556

The only person that doesn’t seem to be smiling is IDS-perhaps he is worried that he will be down at the jobcentre if UC doesn’t come in on time!

nevip
forum member

Send message

How dare you.  You will be assimiliated.

benefitsadviser
forum member

Sunderland West Advice Project

Send message

Total Posts: 1003

IDS isnt worried about losing his job. His house is worth 2 million.
Since he can live on 53 quid a week he can simply sell his house and use the money to support himself for the next 37,736 weeks. Nice to have enough to live on for the next 725 years innit!

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1966

And here’s something else rubbish. I no longer get ‘info4local’ update emails as they were to transfer to emails from gov.uk ‘after easter’.

Nope….....nope…....nope…..

Gov.uk has won an award….why? Most of the pages still seem to be directgov, when you go in any depth. Was there anything actually wrong with directgov that it had to be got rid of, other than the cynical-but-obvious????