Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

PIP - DWP and the art of levitation

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

A Friday afternoon topic:

In the DWP PIP toolkit it states in respect of mobility activity 2 -  “Stand and then move” requires an individual to stand and then move independently while remaining standing.

That would be quite an impressive feat! Maybe this is a provision for Darleks?

Martin Williams
forum member

Welfare rights advisor - CPAG, London

Send message

Total Posts: 770

Peter Turville - 12 April 2013 03:35 PM

That would be quite an impressive feat!

Or quite impressive feet.... BA BOOM!

I am going home.

Jon Shaw
forum member

Welfare Rights Service, CPAG

Send message

Total Posts: 98

Peter Turville - 12 April 2013 03:35 PM

A Friday afternoon topic:

In the DWP PIP toolkit it states in respect of mobility activity 2 -  “Stand and then move” requires an individual to stand and then move independently while remaining standing.

That would be quite an impressive feat! Maybe this is a provision for Darleks?

Given the definition of ‘stand’ - one biological foot on the ground - it won’t apply to Daleks (I don’t think that they have feet, so would be assessed as unable to stand at all.) Amending Regs may soon be issued to clarify the exclusion of casters that evolved on other planets from the definition of ‘biological foot’...

Bizarrely, anyone who cannot move more than 20 metres without breaking into a run would arguably score 12 points for moving around, as they would no longer be standing, as defined.

I’ll buy a pint for the person with the first tribunal success using the latter argument, no matter where you might live. Actually, either argument, I’m not fussy…

Jon

Steve_h
forum member

Welfare Rights- AIW Health

Send message

Total Posts: 193

I think the great Nelly Pledge wrote this as she was “stood Standing there “ hope this helps.