to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

DLA Fresh claim following allowed appeal

TJL
forum member

Derby advice - Derby Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 251

Client claimed   DLA,  then refused appealled,  while waiting for   hearing   reclaimed, refused, appeal allowed   up to date   of 2nd   claim, late appeal re 2nd   claim submitted, (after hearing ) fresh claim submitted with info at variance to other packs ( and evidence taken at   hearing )

Any ideas?  Long term persistent   health   conditions -  would   it be worth   trying to obtain a statement of reasons?

Nicky
forum member

Supervisor Welfare Benefits, Barrow-in-Furness, Citizens Advice Bureau

Send message

Total Posts: 239

I’m probablly missing the point but…...what statement of reasons? For the first appeal? And Why?

TJL
forum member

Send message

So   that   whwen   the   latest   claim is evaulated the   claim   is assessed from   information   provided   by a tribunals questioning - I feel this   was   more throrough and accurate than the   claim forms especially the last

Nicky
forum member

Supervisor Welfare Benefits, Barrow-in-Furness, Citizens Advice Bureau

Send message

Total Posts: 239

Oh i see now…yes why not. As long as the information pertains to the new claim and there’s been no change in clients circumstances i can’t see any reason not to treat the 1st Tribunal’s reasons as evidence in a subsequent appeal.

TJL
forum member

Send message

Yes it   is a risk I certainly agree but I want to   proceed   on the basis that a future   tribunal, which the   matter will almost certainly end   up at, the record   of   proceedings will contain   information which is   of   greater credibility as   it was noted by a Judge rather than an advice worker.

Otherwise   I could   foresee the situation   of being at another LT thinking I wish   I had the judges statement of reasons in front   of me