Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

PIP diagram of route to claim?

DWRS
forum member

Durham County Council Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 73

hi all

has anyone come across a natty diagram of the clients route to claiming PIP? Im doing training soon and thought it might be an enjoyable exercise to show the attendees what a simple process our vulnerable clients will be expected to follow….........

thanks!

Paul Treloar
forum member

Head of Policy, LASA

Send message

Total Posts: 842

I wouldn’t call it natty but this is the official one from DWP.

Personal Independence Payment: The Claimant Journey

DWRS
forum member

Durham County Council Welfare Rights

Send message

Total Posts: 73

thank you very much its both disturbing and useful…........

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

is a draft of the claim form / disability questionairre available yet?

Will it be a more natty colour than DLA claim forms / ESA50’s? How much do DWP pay consultants to advise on the appropriate colour?

nottsadvisor
forum member

Welfare rights - Nottingham City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 129

I notice the claimant journey makes no mention of there being reconsideration rights if it is disallowed on basic entilement conditions after the phone call, and no mention of appeal rights following unsucessful reconsiderations.

Ariadne
forum member

Social policy coordinator, CAB, Basingstoke

Send message

Total Posts: 504

There isn’t a claim form yet because the final form of the regulations/assessment criteria has yet to be produced. The results of the consultation carried out on the second draft of the assessment criteria, and any consequential amendments, haven’t been produced yet as far as I know.

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3137

I have it on very good authority that the form will be coloured taupe, shading into a tangerine blush.

John
forum member

Financial wellbeing manager, Housing 21, North Yorkshire

Send message

Total Posts: 52

I was at a DWP / LA meeting in the north east recently and the rep from the DWP had a powerpoint presentation regarding PIP.

I have a copy of the powerpoint slides but unfortunately being a bit of a technophobe I’ve no idea how to attach them to this posting.

If anyone can advise how to do this, let me know and I’ll happily share the slides. Alternatively, email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and I’ll email you a copy

Cheers

John

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

Ariadne - 04 October 2012 07:17 PM

There isn’t a claim form yet because the final form of the regulations/assessment criteria has yet to be produced.

Are the DWP really that unprepared? One would have thought they would be working on a draft form using the 2nd draft criteria - it can’t be that difficult to change the wording if any changes are made following the consultation. One would assume the consultation outcome will not result in wholesale charges.

Pete C
forum member

Pete at CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 556

nottsadvisor - 04 October 2012 01:30 PM

I notice the claimant journey makes no mention of there being reconsideration rights if it is disallowed on basic entilement conditions after the phone call, and no mention of appeal rights following unsucessful reconsiderations.

I must confess to not being as up to speed as I might be on PIPs but it seems to say that a disallowance letter (and therefore no form) being sent out if the claimant fails to meet basic eligibility conditions.

I can see that most of them seem to be questions of fact like dates of hospital admissions and so forth but who is going to decide residence and presence, is it going to be sent off to Wick and the claimant have to wait weeks to see if they can even be issued a form? I imagine that any decision about R2R et al must have appeal rights as well as recon rights so could we ,in effect, have an appeal to see if form can be issued and another one for entitlement on the usual grounds? Kafka would be proud!

slaw
forum member

Macmillan benefits advice team - Oldham CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 88

I attended a PIP presentation recently delivered by someone from DWP.  He told us that the claim form is going to be called the ‘telling your story’ form.  He also told us that this name could be reviewed as it has been pointed out by some ‘partners’ that the name is slightly patronising.

carol o
forum member

Complaints Officer, Cardiff Council Adult Services

Send message

Total Posts: 25

slaw - 08 October 2012 08:59 AM

I attended a PIP presentation recently delivered by someone from DWP.  He told us that the claim form is going to be called the ‘telling your story’ form.  He also told us that this name could be reviewed as it has been pointed out by some ‘partners’ that the name is slightly patronising.

And “telling stories” has more than one meaning!

Stevegale
forum member

Torbay Disability Information Service, Torbay NHS Care Trust

Send message

Total Posts: 342

What’s the betting it will carry the reference PIP50!!!

seal
forum member

(i) Welfare Benefits Advice (ii) Age Concern Torbay

Send message

Total Posts: 10

This may help. Espcially if you follow the link to ‘A quick Guide to PIP for support organisations and advisors’.
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/policy/disability/personal-independence-payment/information-for-advisers/