to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

ESA decision letters

Stevegale
forum member

Torbay Disability Information Service, Torbay NHS Care Trust

Send message

Total Posts: 342

Am looking at a IB to ESA conversion letter to a client which I think is similar to all ESA post-assessment letters. Client is allocated to the WRAG, but is probably eligible for the Support Group, but turns up too late for standard appeal. Usual stuff in letter about right to an explanation, appeal, etc. but they have been awarded ‘ESA’ so why would they challenge the decsion?

The system is skewed to acceptance of the decision as few people understand (not found any yet) that the support group exists and or the criteria. I know that most DWP letters are written in a strangulated way, but this omission of information on choice is surely deliberately misleading. It also means that the ESA stats are highly suspect.

Was wondering if anyone has pursued this issue before?

SueLov
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Cornwall Council

Send message

Total Posts: 32

Recently successfully applied for a review to get client put in Support Group following client’s ESA payments ceasing due to new 52 week regulation . Client did not have capacity and husband did not understand the system at all .
I agree the letters are not helpful but suggest , if you think you have grounds ask for a late Appeal as well as submitting evidence to support a review for Support Group .