× Search rightsnet
Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Access to justice and advice sector issues  →  Thread

Apollo list query

mollymawkit
forum member

City of Edinburgh Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 1

Hello, does anyone have any information on the LA Apollo list or even a copy of the DWP guidance on it, please?  I have a copy of the DWP ‘working with reps’ guide and it’s not mentioned there.

Thanks.

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3137

The Apollo list is a DWP document that contains a list of authorized LA officers who are able to get information about an individual from the DWP without needing the individual’s consent.  I did have a copy of the guidance once but can’t find it now.

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

Oh that Apollo list… I cringe every time I hear it mentioned. We seem to be going through another of those periodic ‘implied consent’ impasses at the moment (‘Are you on the Apollo list? If not we can’t talk to you..’)

A classic the other day, when I went through my usual spiel in relation to the ‘Dealing with customer representatives’ policy was the response that they knew about the policy but it only applied when the ‘customer was present’...

EPC
forum member

Welfare Benefits Adviser, Lambeth Council, London

Send message

Total Posts: 13

We are also having problems again with the ‘Working with reps’ policy. The other day they refused implied consent, insisted on written consent but refused to accept this written consent via fax or even secure email (which we have and it is their system!) No - it had to be sent in the post to them; so they could employ every opportunity to lose it no doubt.
On the issue of the Apollo list it is my understanding this is a list of authorised housing benefit officers only - because the DWP think Local Authorities begin and end with housing benefit departments…

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3137

Not only HB officers.  Our Social Service Finance Visiting Officers also have clearance.  They also have accreditation with the DWP to verify documents in relation to benefit claims